Can't install PoE

sophrosyn

Question

Hello.  New user here.  I just bought PoE off Gog.com, and when I try to install it it crashes my system.  Once, it got about 60% installed before crashing, the second time only 23%

I'm running ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I am going to the folder I've downloaded it to in home/GoG Games, and running the command sh ./gog_pillars_of_eternity_2.8.0.12.sh

There are several error messages which appear regarding GTK.  I will try to capture a screenshot after posting this and post it below before my system crashes again.

The installation seems to start fine, and then first the installation screen greys out, then my computer freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

My computer is not that fast, could it be that my machine just can't handle PoE?

Here are my basic specs, if more info is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

system.png

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

On Ubuntu you might want to try the scripts I’ve written to install the game easily and with improved system integration:

https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity/linux_install_pillars_of_eternity_on_debianubuntumintetc

These scripts don’t go through the standard install process so they will most probably bypass your bug.