Anti-Aliasing Toggle

Zitchiock

Question

Has the options menu toggle been introduced yet? Back in April/March, several developers mentioned that a toggle would be introduced to turn off Anti-Aliasing. As of now, the console command is disabled between areas. This great impacts my performance. I downloaded the latest patch but still don't see the toggle. Please advise. 

8 answers to this question

Under Graphics there's a slider called "Graphics Quality". It governs anti-aliasing. The leftmost setting turns it off, the rightmost setting is 8X. The one in the middle I guess is 4X.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I want one to disable shadows, shadows on games always have a high impact on CPU, and this engine eat too much CPU.

The performance option on video is for disable Anti-Aliasing, it's a slider with 3 options, the low one is for disable it, still my game run like **** if you have a good video card like me make no difference.

Edited by Sanquiz

Yes i know, my english sux.

Performance option on video? I don't see a video menu. I don't see any toggles under Graphics, either, which is where I figured I'd find it. Where should I look?

Cool avatar by the way. What is the icon in the bottom right? 

^ That I know of, none except resolution. You can go to your graphics card's control panel and create a custom profile for PoE that turns down as much stuff as possible, such as Anisotropic Filtering.

PoE is generally poorly optimized anyway. In larger battles with several VFX going on at once my machine goes as low as 40 FPS, and it's an i7 4790K with 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz and a GTX 970 (I can run The Witcher 3 with almost everything on Ultra at 2560x1440 staying between 40 and 60 FPS 90% of the time.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Unity is not a DSR-friendly engine, unfortunately. You need to set your desktop to the target resolution in order for it to work in PoE.