Request: Increased zoom levels for high resolutions

I play the game in 3840x2160 and it works OK for the most part when fully zoomed in but I often find myself wanting to zoom in just a bit further, maybe one or two steps. Would it be possible to implement more zoom levels and the ability to map the default zoom button to a specific zoom level, maybe even a custom min-max range?

Perhaps it's already possible to change this in some settings file? I can lower the resolution slightly to achieve the same thing, but then text and UI elements won't be perfectly sharp.

Edited by Kuripakk

As a matter of fact, UI elements won't be perfectly sharp at any resolution beyond 1080p (though you'll only ever notice if you try playing 1080p windowed and see how much of a difference it makes. If you love yourself, don't do it.)

That said, there is a console command that governs zoom level, but I'm afraid it's IE Mod only so you'll need the mod to use it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'll second that request, as I also play at 3840x2160.  When zooming in it would be nice to get just a couple notches closer.  I hardly ever zoom out, as everything is so tiny.  But the detail is awesome at this resolution, and I haven't noticed any slowdowns when multiple things, like spell effects, are happening.  I imagine it's not a big priority for the developers as 4k resolution in games is still in it's infancy.  But it would be nice if they could get to it eventually.

Bring up the console and type

SetZoomRange minValue maxValue

It might work without the IE Mod too.

I think I use 0.7 as minValue and 150 as maxValue, or something like that.

0.1 gets REALLY close to your character, and 200 gets you VERY far zoomed out.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Bring up the console and type

SetZoomRange minValue maxValue

It might work without the IE Mod too.

I think I use 0.7 as minValue and 150 as maxValue, or something like that.

0.1 gets REALLY close to your character, and 200 gets you VERY far zoomed out.

This works well. I have used it since the beginning of playing.

You do not need iemod its already a console command.

However when you do get really zoomed in things get oogly fast.