I JUST found out you can charm-back "charmed" companions!

my mind. it is blown. i can see the code now, the 1s and 0s.

anyway, started PotD today after finishing it on hard and i am having a blast. this is the way the game was meant to be played. i just recruited durance and encountered the blight near the wooden hut, and it's the first enemy in the game that can charm you AFAIK.

he charmed eder, and i just up and had aloth zap him with his low-level charm spell and my god it charmed eder right the hell back to normal.

tl;dr i'm all excited cos i thought i knew most of the game's stuff, good to know i don't.

• Like 3

I'm so glad someone else has discovered the joy of the Mind Control Wars. :D

• Like 2

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

I feel stupid for not thinking of this. Now I won't have to wait for the effect to wear off every time!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The counter-charm is very cool, but it was in the IE games, so Obsidian can't exactly take credit for the idea. Making charm and dominate otherwise undispellable, though? All theirs.

/stillbitter

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

...but it was in the IE games...

:mindblown: I didn't know that. Oh how I hated waiting for it to wear off.

Exactly. Mind control was a thing back then.

Now it's just an annoyance that wears off quickly. Characters using reloading weapons may not even have a chance to perform single attack when dominated.

Once i charmed my dude back but he still had charmed status effect. He was allied to me but controlled by AI. Anyone knows if it's intended?

Vancian =/= per rest.