Sudden Slowdown

ferrousaemyr

Question

Game has been running great so far - until today. I've tried reducing the graphics, taking off vsync, reducing resolution, running as admin, and every other suggestion I've come across. Nothing has worked.

ISSUE: The speed of actions in-game (scrolling the screen, character & enemy movement and action rates and attack/cast timers) are down to ~60% of what they used to be.

I haven't installed new drivers or patches, changed software configurations, or anything else in that realm. No new hardware, either. It was just fine yesterday, and now moves along like ooze. I don't really have the patience or time to play this game at 2/3rds speed. The issue affects all of my savegames, including those of characters I haven't played in awhile / didn't have the issue with previously, and I'm not further in the game than I've been before, so it doesn't seem related to the save file or game content directly. Task Manager shows typical readouts on system performance, and I've tried playing with all other applications closed and no background processes running - no change in the issue.

System specs attached. Thanks.

DxDiag.txt

7 answers to this question

Hi there,

According to your DxDiag you are playing on an integrated graphics chip. This is below our minimum specifications and you will experience slow downs, crashes, etc. Typically turning down the graphics settings will help, but go ahead and verify your install and get back to us. Steam: Right click on the title > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. GoG: On the games page, Options > Repair Installation.

Thanks for your support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi there,

According to your DxDiag you are playing on an integrated graphics chip. This is below our minimum specifications and you will experience slow downs, crashes, etc. Typically turning down the graphics settings will help, but go ahead and verify your install and get back to us. Steam: Right click on the title > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. GoG: On the games page, Options > Repair Installation.

Thanks for your support.

Not sure why it didn't show up on the dxdiag, but I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M.

GPU-Z displays the NVIDIA card just fine.

I verified the files and some were corrupted, so it replenished the files and the slowdown issue is no longer a problem.

However, the screen now occasionally flashes, with some strange overlaying of graphics on the screen when it does. Also, ALT-TABing now results in a game freeze (hitting buttons still makes noises, but the graphics lock, and nothing actually seems to be happening when trying to quit out of the game or press buttons) roughly 80% of the time.

I'd upload a save game JIC, but it's ~900kb, which is above the upload limit.

Hello ferrousaemyr,

Typically with integrated graphics, your computer might not always use the correct graphics card. Check to see if your graphic cards are up to date, you can go to your laptops manufactures site to get the drivers or run a Windows Update. Make sure you set your computer to "High Performance"  in your Power Options in the  Control Panel. Right click your Nvidia icon in the task bar and you can also manually set the graphics card there too. 

Thank you for your support.