What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Annoyed at DA:I.  Played through the fade section tonight.  Got to the level's "boss," watched a cutscene, long boss fight, cutscene, pick a survivor, cutscene, speech, decide what to do with the Wardens, more chatting... and then a crash-to-desktop.  Of course, that whole sequence had no autosaves.

Bought Tales of Zestiria for the PS4. I loled really hard when I heard that some butt hurt jrpg fan calling the series Tales of Generica. But what can I say, I like it when the japs make games. Period.

I got it for the PC, and I'm liking it. 

It is pretty generic but that is also true of AAA western releases, I'm quite enjoying it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I normally wouldn't be able to play so much, but I've got an excuse to get some real gaming done over the past few days and I've restarted Pillars of Eternity. I went and did some stuff out of town first and returned to do the temple of Eothas. I made a priest of Eothas this time and I have to say it rocks. I like this game better than I did the first time. It's not because I didn't like playing my mage. I think, in terms of the class, I liked it better than the priest. ...But then I was trying to figure out how I felt about the design and whether I was right to back it and all the arguments different backers had about decisions Obsidz had made. This time, I'm just playing a game to enjoy it and that's why it's even better than the first time. Plus, I think they've fixed a few minor things that bugged me before. Also, I'm starting to feel a little better physically and that always makes everything seem better at the same time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

But then I was trying to figure out how I felt about the design and whether I was right to back it and all the arguments different backers had about decisions Obsidz had made.

And there's why I always cut myself from all information about a product that I look forward to before getting into it, and allow as few influences as possible while playing trough it. After adopting this policy I have found that I just enjoy games, including many dumbed down AAA bull**** games ruining the industry (I loved the new Tomb Raider to bits and only later on found out that I was actually supposed to hate it. Whoops.) I guess being a moderator around here you don't really have that choice... Then again, I guess you're not the only mod :-P

Also, I'm starting to feel a little better physically and that always makes everything seem better at the same time.

Whatever's wrong I hope it gets better! Damn meatshells, ruining all the fun.

Still wasting time with Star Wars Battlefront. I really like it, it's my kind of shooter. Just wish it had more maps, considering there's only three on Walker Assault that are any good. Endor is garbage.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

With the full release of Mordheim the second Act and remaining four missions for the story of each warband unlocked.

I wish they hadn't. Act II Mission I for Sisters is some of the worst gameplay experience I had in a long time.

Ugh

So I'm taking a break from the game to get over that.

Hmm, in what way? Getting dropped in an unfair situation?

With the full release of Mordheim the second Act and remaining four missions for the story of each warband unlocked.

I wish they hadn't. Act II Mission I for Sisters is some of the worst gameplay experience I had in a long time.

Ugh

So I'm taking a break from the game to get over that.

Hmm, in what way? Getting dropped in an unfair situation?

There is a mission with a resurrecting boss, daemon reinforcements and where Stupidity is applied to random members of your warband each turn. Very fun. The devs will at least remove the reinforcements apparently.

Not that it isn't beatable. I know I can beat it now that I know what to expect, but it is frustrating, tedious and painful, Not fun.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So I am weak and gave in to temptation.  I did last for about 5 days, so that is not too bad.  I now own Star Wars Battlefront  

Battlefront runs surprisingly well.  I mean I expected the game engine to run well, but typically DICE and EA screw up the lobbies and menu systems.  I was worried about buying it on the PC, but those seem to be needless worries.  

I did a couple tutorials, and then jumped into the fight.  I was actually pretty decent, which was another surprise, as I am often terrible at these games.  I even led my team in points one match, although we did get slaughtered 3 matches in a row.  So I was the best of the worst, huzzah!

Anyways, I think it will be a good game to jump into for short increments.   

Still Wasteland 2.  Just finished Damonta and now I'm on my way to sort out the folks at the Prison.

I gave the Monks the nuke this time, so I came across a different potential NPC when I returned to the Temple of the Titan.  Unfortunately, I couldn't bring him along because my party was full and I didn't want to dismiss the three extra NPCs I had.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Underrail, which is in early access. So far it's quite absorbing. I think anyone who liked the first Fallout would enjoy it. I got stuck in one place but there's a walkthrough. I'm still not sure how far I'll be able to make it, it's somewhat unforgiving. Also stealth seems to be a requirement, I don't see how you'd do a certain level without it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I've looked at Underrail.  It's one of those things that I consider for a long time and may or may not end up buying.

I just finished Raederick's hold, and Raederick himself.  When I finished my first run, he'd turned into some sort of monster, so I'm hoping to figure out what happened and not have the same bad thing happen again.

This game rocks. Seriously, I'm lovin' it, and a lot of the reason is as fenixp said.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I disbanded my Sisters of Sigmar warband. Some of the story missions are among the worst designed encounters in video game history. Or at least the history of video games I have played. And since I had a lot of casualties due to terrible, terrible mission design, I feel no compulsion to play this warband anymore. I want the injuries to be the result of my bad luck, my bad choices. Not the result of a dev being a ****.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've looked at Underrail.  It's one of those things that I consider for a long time and may or may not end up buying.

I looked at it and the graphics, which may be intentionally retro, made me not get it at first. Then Vince at Iron Tower said it's a work of genius, so I bought it, and once you get into it the graphics stop being an issue, you become absorbed in the usual RPG concerns, like making it through the next assignment without having your ass handed to you.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I disbanded my Sisters of Sigmar warband. Some of the story missions are among the worst designed encounters in video game history. Or at least the history of video games I have played. And since I had a lot of casualties due to terrible, terrible mission design, I feel no compulsion to play this warband anymore. I want the injuries to be the result of my bad luck, my bad choices. Not the result of a dev being a ****.

This is like finding out your local sports team has disbanded :( I even started to recognize familiar faces in screenshots like the shield-bearer who lost her arm. Well okay, only the shield-bearer who lost her arm. Does that make me a bad person? 

• Like 2

After a break and getting over the annoyance, I'll hire a new crew. Disbanding means I keep my stash and warband rank, just have to hire new members. Since I have over 10k gold, that isn't too bad. Though it will really hurt my finances.

I'll have to play more with my chaos warband. You'll start recognizing faces there.

Just have to remember to stay away from the story missions. It really annoys me that a game I overall find fun and am even fine with bad things happening to my team, has a part that is so terrible.

Sounds like how I felt about XCOM, hated it whenever I had to do any UFO mission larger than a medium (or alien bases, etc). Alien architecture is both boring and terrible to play. I wish the game was just the urban abduction maps forever.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Worse actually, think of the large UFO mission, and now have you hunting for quest items across those - possibly across 4 floors. And because people complained that it was boring to just run around an empty map in a turn based game trying to figure out where that last item is, have the devs decide to add infinite reinforcements. Then have those reinforcements be chryssalids on steroids and spawn within charge range.

That is BAD design indeed. :o

Edit: As for Underrail, i'm waiting for the actual release. Just don't have time for alpha/beta access games right now.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.