What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The console-driven interface is consistently irritating, and a lot of stuff is not explained well to the player.  I had to go to the internet to figure out why Cassandra's health bar sometimes had grey triangles in front of it and sometimes didn't.  And the interface for travel using the map screen is obtusely un-intuitive. (Just walking up to the 2nd-level market at Val Royeaux took several minutes of clicking on everything to try to get something to work.) The inventory screen (or, really, series of unnecessarily nested screens) is a mess.  The camera is functional in open areas, but really irritating when you have to deal with a low ceiling or lots of trees.

That said, when I'm not fighting with the interface, I'm mostly enjoying myself.  I do sometimes wish that the dialogue options weren't so limited-- mostly, I'd like to see a lot more options for dishonesty.  (Why to I have to tell the truth when Josephine asks about my past, or when Cassandra asks about my faith?)  But that's a fairly minor concern so far.  The story hook is a mite conventional, but it's got a solid mystery behind it, and the open-worldy elements are, thus far, satisfying enough to make exploration fun. 

Edited by Enoch

I'm playing Pillars again. For whatever reason, I have a bad habit of getting to Defiance Bay then starting over. It's a horrible habit and I'm hoping to finish an entire play through.

For a while, i was distracted by TW3 on PC. However, I made the mistake of purchasing a 1440p monitor (144hz refresh rate). While my GTX 980 can pull off 70+ FPS with settings on ultra at 1080p, I can only average around 50-52 playing at the 1440p native resolution. I figured I can either purchase a GTX 980ti OR a 1080p 144hz monitor to achieve 60+ FPS in TW3. Logic says to get the monitor.

While I amass funds for the purchase, I figured I'll play Pillars in the meantime. I must say though, Pillars looks amazing on the 27" 1440p.

Looking forward to DO:S Enhanced Edition and Tides of Numera. 

There's multiple endings for Metal Gear Solid V? 

No.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No.

What the heck is Angry Joe talking about in his review?  Unless he just means different endings for how you can approach each mission.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No.

What the heck is Angry Joe talking about in his review?  Unless he just means different endings for how you can approach each mission.

Common misconception about the game's ending. The final mission is titled "truth" and requires special conditions to unlock.

So people read that as "unlock the true ending." Which, in other games, means multiple endings.

Hmm, alright then.  Saves me from replaying it to see the other endings.  I thought maybe it had to do with how you approached things in the game (ie. one ending if you played a non-lethal game, one ending if you killed everything in sight, etc.).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played Driver: San Francisco  the other day. A very fun game with lots of freedom for the player. Hop into any car you want and listen to the passengers while they rant about some random topic! 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

More MGSV.  Decided to finish off some SideOps I still had remaining.  In doing so, I was able to unlock the achievement for raising my staff to level 50 for each department.

Maybe I'll attempt the multiplayer for MGSV.  Anyone played it yet?  Fun?  Disorganized mess?

I played it with a buddy and it was a lot of fun. Bounty Hunter mode is fun if you want to shoot stuff and go for CQCs(it's really satisfying to fulton an enemy that has a high bounty) and Cloak and Dagger mode is fun if you want to be more stealthy, each player has only one life so people do some amazing things to hide themselves.

Maybe I'll attempt the multiplayer for MGSV.  Anyone played it yet?  Fun?  Disorganized mess?

I played it with a buddy and it was a lot of fun. Bounty Hunter mode is fun if you want to shoot stuff and go for CQCs(it's really satisfying to fulton an enemy that has a high bounty) and Cloak and Dagger mode is fun if you want to be more stealthy, each player has only one life so people do some amazing things to hide themselves.

The stealth one would probably frustrate me to no end.  I'm not very good at stealth play against AI opponents, so I'd probably never be able to hide from actual people trying to find me.

I watched one of those "Let's Play" videos on Youtube where the girl who voices/models the character Quiet from MGSV plays through MGSV.  She can pull off headshots that I can't.  I don't know whether to be embarrassed or if I'm in love.

I watched one of those "Let's Play" videos on Youtube where the girl who voices/models the character Quiet from MGSV plays through MGSV.  She can pull off headshots that I can't.  I don't know whether to be embarrassed or if I'm in love.

What version does she play?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Playing Wasteland 2: Director's Cut now. I enjoyed the original Wasteland 2, and Director's Cut is really much more polished. I mean, its much easier on the eyes, the quirks & perks system is fun, and I can see some balance issues have been corrected. Can definitely recommend it. 

Briefly got excited about a game called "Age of Decadence", which sounds like it had a great concept but... wow, the graphics are awful. Now, I know its considered boorish to complain about graphics nowadays, especially on a CRPG forum, but I think everyone has a line they will not cross. 

On Oct 20, I'll check out Sword Coast Legends, but I'm not too excited, since that seems to be more about dungeon building and multiplayer than the single campaign. 

Then its the month long wait until Fallout 4 and Starcraft 2 LOTV. 

I think it's a good thing that for once an indie game doesn't feature 8 bit pixel graphics. Really tired of seing "awesome unique" indie games with pixel graphics by now.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pillars of Eternity.

25 hours into the game.

Chapter 2.

The lore and the names are a bit hard to remember at times but still, this game is worth every penny. The gameplay feels really balanced and every battle is engaging and the city of defiance bay is an awesome place to explore with loads of mysteries. My GOTY so far, even though I haven't finished it yet. Amazing game, far more entertaining than MGS V or The Witcher 3.

What version does she play?

PS4, same as me.

Always interesting the things a city game can make me do. Making a giant slum to power my farm industry in C:S, right now. It will eventually cease to work though - the people there eventually find their way to a school. Not sure only uneducated people work in a farm - the game has four levels of education : Uneducated, Educated, Well Educated and Highly Educated - I'd figured Educated (aka High School grad) would be a fit for a farm job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I gave it three days before I uninstalled the whole thing. Everyone dies in 3-4 shots, including the tanky character class. Game comes down to sprinting around and trying to get the first shot.

And a coordinated defense on C&D is a pain to play against. You know where the attackers will be spawning, you can see through their invisibility, and if you grab one, you can now interrogate to find out where all the others are. It's game over.