What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Anyone know where I could get my hands on NwN 2 or something? I've got that itch (and that signed copy of Storm of Zehir still... I think my discs are all back in California)

GOG has it for 20 bucks

It's on sale quite often on GOG, so you can get it for like 5 or 6 bucks if you're willing to wait a bit.  Otherwise, yeah $20.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That mission with Quiet ... man, the story behind it was pretty solid, but the actual gameplay made me want to punch things.  Wave after wave after wave after wave of tanks/armored vehicles.  Kind of disappointed they didn't design the combat to reflect Quiet's ability somehow (maybe some stealth-type mission or at least enemies she could actually do damage to).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Speaking of Quiet (hehe), I just googled her voice actress/motion capture actress.  Holy smokes, I've never seen a character look so much like the person portraying them.

And then there's Miranda from ME2 ...

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My benchmark is the ability to run Witcher 3. If you can run that you can run everything.

i can run witcher 3 just fine at a little under medium because it is a MONSTER of optimization. at max settings it never asks for more than 2GB of video memory when games like shadow of mordor can suck up to 6GB easily.

as for SWBF, while it runs smoothly most of the time, it has a lot of stuttering at the start of each game and at some moments durring because my 7770 only has 1GB (all graphics at minimum)

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Some Witcher 3: Heart of Stone, some Wasteland 2 (just enough to set up a party), and some Talos Principle.

Talos Principle has simpler mechanics and more threadbare story than I expected, but I am liking it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Except foe the chest-part. I do somehow doubt the upper body of the actress is build like that. :>

No, in that area they are different.  The model/voice actress is a slender little thing.

Except foe the chest-part. I do somehow doubt the upper body of the actress is build like that. :>

No, in that area they are different.  The model/voice actress is a slender little thing.

You do realize the Beauty and Beast unit from 4 were carbon copies of glamour models.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Made it through the Storage in Amnesia: The Dark Descent , wasn't too bad really. I died once due to a bug (monster just kept waiting outside a door infinitely, making getting out kinda hard...). Of course coming face to face with the adversary sort of killed some of the scare factor for the rest of that level...

Is Quiet Dutch?

It never delves into where she's originally from.  She speaks with Stefanie Joosten's (the voice actress) accent, though.  Not sure if that was intentional, or if it was because Joosten couldn't pull off an English or American accent perfectly.

I think it is safe to say at ths point that I have effectively stopped playing TESO: Tamriel Unlimited for one reason only: THE GODDAMN UPDATES!!!! Seriously, I've had it with those. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Apparently this happened in the latest MGSV update. Can anyone confirm this? Don't have the possibility right now to check it out myself. If it's true, it sounds really stupid.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think it is safe to say at ths point that I have effectively stopped playing TESO: Tamriel Unlimited for one reason only: THE GODDAMN UPDATES!!!! Seriously, I've had it with those. 

I quit because the balancing of skills is ****e and it revolves around endless spam... near 0 skill game.

• Like 1

i finished deponia 3... the ending sucked! im not saying that i did not like the ending (btw i did not like it) but it made no sense and seemed WAY too forced.

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Apparently this happened in the latest MGSV update. Can anyone confirm this? Don't have the possibility right now to check it out myself. If it's true, it sounds really stupid.

It happened, but the title is slightly misleading.

They introduced very low offline caps on things. So if you had like 50 trucks, 47 get shifted to "online" and are inaccessible for anything while playing offline.

Apparently this happens to GMP as well! But I'm not sure where the numbers are on that.

What's the point behind this idea?  To force people to play the FOB missions and online stuff?

When you are offline, you can't buy their "insurance" subscription :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What's the point behind this idea?  To force people to play the FOB missions and online stuff?

95% penalizing people who've found ways to opt out of the FOB nonsense.

5% bottlenecking the ability to farm vehicles for easy GMP.

I'm still going through withdrawal over Soma. I need a new atmospheric horror to play, gosh darnit.

Finished MGSV.  Saw that twist coming right from the beginning.

The game leaves so many untied threads.  Sucks for a person like me who has no idea what went on in the rest of the series since all the loose ends seem to be answered in other games in the series.

Overall, despite my bitching about the second chapter, it was a very solid (pardon the pun) game.  Some fun stealth elements, some nice weapons available to you, and until it went off the rails, the story was pretty good.

• Like 1

Sucks for a person like me who has no idea what went on in the rest of the series since all the loose ends seem to be answered in other games in the series.

Be sure to play MGS: Peace Walker HD if you haven't. That game is truly a hidden gem. I recently co-oped it with one of my buddies and it was a blast to do those boss fights and stealth missions with a friend online. But it's not just that, the story is amazing and it ties directly into MGS V: Ground Zeroes and MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Feel free to add me if you want to co-op. PSN ID is: Astiaks

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

i hope Kojima finds a place that will respect his talent for game design. i havent played any MGS game, but the crazy ideas i heard he put in there almost make me regret never having a PS. one of the funniest is about a boss fight in MGS 3 with an old sniper... if you saved durring the fight and left the game alone for a week, when you loaded the save you would find the enemy dead of old age

• Like 1

-Teknoman2-