What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

25 hours playing in a day and a half. I can't quit ... the writing, gameplay, comedy, action ... it's better than if Indiana Jones had a baby with Die Hard.

Nate1_zps0x74rbkn.png

I loved the series on the PS3 and was about to buy the collection on day one however after recently playing through The Last of Us on the ps4 and then playing the demo for the Nathan a drake collection, I soon realized how old the mechanics were and how much Naugthy Dog has progressed and decided to hold off until a sale. Still great games but I'll wait a bit for a sale. If you enjoyed these games I would suggest picking up a the Last of Us as well.

• Like 1

25 hours playing in a day and a half. I can't quit ... the writing, gameplay, comedy, action ... it's better than if Indiana Jones had a baby with Die Hard. 

Nate1_zps0x74rbkn.png

That's out now?  Damn, I lost track of time.  Was looking forward to playing it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm sort of stuck right now in Metal Gear Solid V.  I have no main story missions available to me (I have some of those replay ones with harder restrictions, but none that advance the story), just a bunch of SideOps.  I guess I'll play those and hope they trigger another main story mission at some point.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And by wait, I mean wait a week and cave because it really is a good game and great story overall. It's a great sequence of gameplay like an 8 hour action movie with each game.

It is silly good. Or I should say all of them are. I just started the third game. Aww crap!

And The Last of Us is in my top three all-time, for sure. Naughty Dog ...

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Just repeat a random main mission. Side-Ops won't trigger the main story unless they are marked as yellow.

This one did.  I finished off one of those "eliminate tank unit" things by the Zaire airport and immediately after I finished, the game cut right to the cutscene with the second epidemic.

Now I've got to do it again because no new main story mission popped up after I finished that one.

I just repeated the mission like traitor caravan, because I could steal more armored vehicles in them. :>

This by the way annoyed me too... At the end of chapter 1 you see all the Russian soldiers, all the tanks, all the apcs... And yet in normal gameplay there is nothing like that. Russians sure as hell are superb in hiding their armored assets in Afghanistan when nothing important is on the time table.

Once I had an enemy tank in side-ops, but only because I've walked over everything with my own tank. Still it was no threat at all.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's kinda funny to me how everyone is talking about performance on pc, yet I can't remember a game I was unable to play in high / ultra settings for a few years now... and I never upgrade my pc unless a part of it breaks. So except for my current graphics card, everything inside is already a few years old by now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's kinda funny to me how everyone is talking about performance on pc, yet I can't remember a game I was unable to play in high / ultra settings for a few years now... and I never upgrade my pc unless a part of it breaks. So except for my current graphics card, everything inside is already a few years old by now.

I mean, the graphics card is far and away the most important component when it comes to gaming.  The truth is that CPU performance, in terms of raw horsepower, has seriously stagnated over the last half decade+.  Much of the problem comes down to AMD's complete and utter inability to compete in the mid-high end desktop sector (aka The Bulldozer Botch), so Intel has has zero impetus to push IPC gains and has instead concentrated almost fully on energy efficiency.  The difference in raw horsepower between an i5 or i7 from 4 generations ago and a brand spanking new i5 or i7 is shockingly small.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, Metal Gear Solid V really does fall apart in Chapter 2.  Not even specifically talking about story or whatever, but the structure of how new missions are given.  Twice now I'm stuck with no new story mission, for reasons I'm unsure of.

Did the development team get cut in half or something after Chapter 1?  All the 'A' team developers get moved to another project and they let the interns finish the game (ie. Chapter 2)?

It's frustrating because I can't progress the story and there's no clear way to do it (I don't want to play the "extreme" versions of missions I already completed, and I'm bored of doing SideOps).

I mean, the graphics card is far and away the most important component when it comes to gaming.  The truth is that CPU performance, in terms of raw horsepower, has seriously stagnated over the last half decade+.  Much of the problem comes down to AMD's complete and utter inability to compete in the mid-high end desktop sector (aka The Bulldozer Botch), so Intel has has zero impetus to push IPC gains and has instead concentrated almost fully on energy efficiency.  The difference in raw horsepower between an i5 or i7 from 4 generations ago and a brand spanking new i5 or i7 is shockingly small.

It actually has almost nothing to do with AMD or Intel, and is simply a result of current technology not being able to meet the desire for higher clock speeds.  It will be at least a decade before new technologies such as nano tubes and graphene are able to be implemented.  In the intervening years I expect to see other solutions, such as multi processor motherboards, becoming more widespread.  There is also little need for higher clock speeds until other pc technologies catch up.  Most pc aren't restrained by their cpu's, but by things such as RAM and HDDs.  These technologies need to catch up to cpu technology.

It actually has almost nothing to do with AMD or Intel, and is simply a result of current technology not being able to meet the desire for higher clock speeds.  It will be at least a decade before new technologies such as nano tubes and graphene are able to be implemented.  In the intervening years I expect to see other solutions, such as multi processor motherboards, becoming more widespread.  There is also little need for higher clock speeds until other pc technologies catch up.  Most pc aren't restrained by their cpu's, but by things such as RAM and HDDs.  These technologies need to catch up to cpu technology.

While you do make good points, I guarantee that were AMD more competitive in the mid-high end desktop market, and by more competitive I mean competitive even in the slightest bit, you would have seen significantly higher IPC gains over the last several generations of CPUs.  Yes, technical limitations and other technologies are holding CPUs back, but were there pressure on Intel they'd find ways around those limitations.  As it stands, there's no reason for them to do so, given that they are competing with themselves.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Civ:BE Rising Tide. Has lots of neat little new things. Nothing super-gamechanging. Plays a lot smoother, as in, lots of things that felt like a chore before now feel enjoyable.

AI is as stupid as ever. Aliens are more annoying than before. Not sure if some changes are intended or bugs. They finally made trade routes bearable in this game.

The witcher 3 expansion is out! I woke up early to get in a few hours of play time in before work. Haven't done any of the main quest bits of the expansion, most clearing the new question marks on the map. So far it feels like the devs really bummed up the difficulty.

**MINOR SPOILER**

The giant spiders are now my least favorite mobs in the game.

Edited by the_dog_days

Finally triggered the next main story mission in MGSV.  Finishing off random SideOps did the trick.  Looks like I've got two (yellow) main missions to go in the game.

Anyone know where I could get my hands on NwN 2 or something? I've got that itch (and that signed copy of Storm of Zehir still... I think my discs are all back in California)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.