What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Possibly.

I've done a couple of the main missions and some of the replay missions in Chapter 2.  One thing that's kind of making it boring now is every single enemy seems to be heavy infantry.  So it makes for boring strategy since you can no longer snipe enemies from afar and use those kind of stealth infiltration.  Everything either has to be noisy (missile/rocket launchers/grenades) or sneaking right up to each and every one of them and using hand-to-hand to take them down.

I know there was a note about the enemy "getting used to my tactics", but come on.  That's not getting used to it.  That's basically just making sure my tactics never, ever work.  It's like a D&D game where the enemy adapts to your sword-wielding fighter which you've put every single point into his sword fighting ability by becoming immune to any sort of melee damage.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i preloaded the beta of battlefront and it was supposed to be available for play since 20 minutes ago, however it says the game is still locked when i try to run it. meanwhile i see people say that they are already in and playing

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Chapter 2 doesn't seem anywhere as fleshed out or in depth as Chapter 1.  

They beat the bad guy in Chapter 1. Like I said, chapter 2 seems like an epilogue. Peacewalker did something very similar with chasing Zadornov. Of course, Peacewalker also had a final-final boss battle with the secret antagonist. That was cut from Phantom Pain, the mission where you fight Liquid in Sahelanthropus.

Gave MGO a second day of play. I'm officially done. Nothing too interesting to do, nothing interesting to look forward to. Only reason to keep playing is if I don't value my time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Picked up the Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY edition.  My frugal side says that I should've waited a few months to see if we get a holiday-sale price-drop, but I can afford to ignore my frugal side every once in a while.  I'm interested enough in the setting to want to give it a shot while DA2 is fresh in my mind.  I'll probably stagger this with Grim Fandango-- I tend to need "breaks" from puzzle-driven adventure games.

Haven't yet gotten much further than character creation.  (The wife needed the good PC for some work stuff last night.)  I made a Dwarf-lady archer-rogue named Doris, because I've heard that the main themes are very elfy, and I like to be a contrarian when I play this kind of game.  (I'd consider trying out a city elf background, but such is apparently unavailable, and the Dalish are a clownshow.)  The game looks pretty, with the prominent exception of lip synching and player hair options that look like they're straight out of 2009. 

DA Keep was pretty neat.  I think it worked correctly-- DAI told me that a custom world state has been imported, but I haven't confirmed that in-game yet.

Edited by Enoch

Still struggling to get my city in Cities Skylines working. I think I may have to scrap all my transit lines and re do them, bah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ok, while graphically spectacular, battlefront is not all that great.

the vehicle controls are made exclusivelly for pad and that makes them unusable with m&k. even turrets are unaimable because they have acceleration to compensate for the pad's inaccuracy and that throws off any aiming attempt with the mouse

also (i read it but havent tried it) 3rd person view comes with aimbot

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Hooray, I have today finished my first Paradox Game. Austria has become the new ruler of the world :p

It was real fun, almost for the whole 68 hours, which I have spent playing it!

I found few glitches and issues especially with AI through the game, but they were so minor, that they did not hinder my enjoyment of the game in the slightest.

More about the finish of my game is available here: https://sites.google.com/site/mamoulianfh/letsplay/europa-universalis-page7   :)

Now, I will have to take some break from strategy games, and probably finish Van Helsing or start some of my JRPGs, which I still haven't started on my PS3. We'll see.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Am I missing out on a lot of story references in MGSV because I've never played previous MGS games?

Not really. Most of it gets explained in tapes anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Some of the tapes are interesting, but some are rather boring.

I also can't find the blueprint for Quiet's strongest sniper rifle.  It was probably one of the items I should have picked up during a main story mission, but didn't and now can't find it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

NBA2K16 and Beyond Earth with the new expansion

I pretty much only play the MyCareer mode in the NBA2K series and this year it's pretty mixed. I mostly hate the whole Spike Lee story but like all the other aspects even though I wish some of them were more fleshed out but I guess the blew the budget on the (thankfully short) He Got Game 2 part. I'm in my second season and averaging 40 points, 15.5 assists, 10 rebounds, and 5.5 steals a game and just got MVP in both the Rising Stars and All Star games. Oh, I won the 3 point contest too but I didn't like that I had to chose between that and the dunk contest as I couldn't find a way to do both

I haven't gotten far enough into Beyond Earth to notice any major changes yet

EDIT- ended up staying up and playing Beyond Earth some and I like it a lot more so far but waaay too many aliens right now. Might need to lower the difficulty so I can leave base and explore without a small army

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've been housesitting my parent's house while they're away in Poland, taking care of the cats and such, so I don't have my desktop rig, only my lappy.  As such, I can't play some games, at least not at anywhere near max eye candy, plus I didn't bring my 360 controller with me.  Also, the qualifiers for the DOTA2 majors in Frankfurt have been on, so I've been watching a lot of that.  So, mostly I haven't been playing anything, but I did fire up a game of Might & Magic VI for nostalgia's sake.  Right off the bat I got struck by how awful the controls, particularly in combat, are.  I guess that back in 1998 an RPG with full 360 movement and real-time combat was a novelty, so I looked past how awfully clunky the combat controls when I was young, kind of how we were all so enamoured by 3D polygon graphics around that time that we blew our loads over how "awesome" those games looked back then because they were the new thing and speshul, but now, in hindsight,  those games look like complete garbage, while sprite based games still look great.  Anyway, despite the utter <doodoo> controls, I'm having fun with the game <ding-a-ling>ing around and exploiting the crap AI.  I doubt I'll do a full playthrough, I won't be able to put up with the <feces> controls for that long, but it's a decent little distraction for a bit.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, flying around and dropping meteor swarms on folks in M&M 6 really was satisfying.  But also pretty hilariously broken, especially how you can still move up and down in real time while in the Turn-based combat mode. 

I've played through the DAI Intro section, and, so far, I think I really hate the camera controls.  The standard camera is giving me more trouble than DA2's ever did (this may be a level design issue), and the "Tactical" camera is too clunky for routine use (although it seems to have some utility for isolated circumstances). 

Ok, so I finished Dying Light. Long time since I felt a slight sadness when a game ends. I wanted more!

I'm so glad I bought the season pass so I'll get the buggy expansion.

Great game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hello fellow Obsidians and Black Isle Diehards

I am attempting to replay Lionheart Legacy of the Crusader.

Need patch 1.1 English, but unable to find a working link on google.  Tried Fileplanet, softpedia, gamepressure, gamershell, angelfire.  No luck.

I'm not looking for the widescreen support patch, just the normal bug fixing patch.

Hope you guys are doing well, both the forum members and the Obsidian company affiliates as well.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/2475/7/46121/download

It worked for me. I wonder if I can upload it here? Nope, the file is 1.69 MB and max allowed is 1 MB. Unlucky. 1MB, btw?! That's uh.. probably from when I joined this forum.. eleven years ago.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished my first game of EU4. 550+ hours logged, and it was the first game I actually got to 1821

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Started MGSV last night, and I think the prologue had to be the single longest tutorial I've ever played. My mission stats said it took me an hour, but it felt at least two hours long. Man, all those cut scenes and zero context. @_@

The forced slow-mo crawling is the worst, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Started MGSV last night, and I think the prologue had to be the single longest tutorial I've ever played. My mission stats said it took me an hour, but it felt at least two hours long. Man, all those cut scenes and zero context. @_@

The forced slow-mo crawling is the worst, imo.

I don't know, the repeating fainting fits had me grinding my teeth.

I swung by my own place after work to pick some things up before heading back to my parents' to housesit, so I had a bit of time to play on my desktop rig and played Jotun again.  I've come to the conclusion that I'll likely never finish that game.  I got to what I assume is the final battle and I simply cannot beat it.  I've tried a whole bunch of times and only once did I come even remotely close.  I hate to leave it unfinished because I was LPing it and I hate to leave the series unfinished, especially when I'm this close, but I'll probably just put an annotation in the final video explaining why there will likely never be another video to finishe the LP.  I got to the point where I was playing while recording in total silence because I was so pissed off that the stream of obscenities that was going to come out of my mouth would be embarrassing, and at that point I just stopped, canceled the video and walked away.  I don't play games to get pissed off.  The moment a game starts to drive me to a rage I need to be done with it immediately, for my own sanity.  I wish the game had an easy difficulty or something, just so that I could finish it, but it doesn't.  I don't care about pride or whatever, I would totally chicken out and crank the difficulty down.  I did that with Pillars for the final battle.  It was such a crazy difficulty spike in comparison to everything before it, so after getting whooped repeatedly, I just cranked it down from Hard to Easy or Casual or whatever the lowest difficulty was called just to beat the game and be done with it.

It's kind of too bad, because I really enjoyed Jotun up to that point, and that battle is not necessarily unfair, I know what needs to be done, I just can't do it, I don't have the skill.  It's plain as that, I suck too much at the game to beat that battle and I don't care to drive myself into a rage smashing my head against a wall trying to power through it.  I'm too old for that ****.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I should just finish off the remaining main story missions in MGSV.  I'm starting to lose steam after a pretty damn good Chapter 1 is being followed up by a bare and a bit lackluster Chapter 2.