dark side or the light side

what did you like better in the game the dark side path or the light side path.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. what did you like better in the game the dark side path or the light side path.

• dark side
    • Light side

I chose LS, this is Star Wars afterall. DS suffered from "assholicus supremus", there were simply no honor in it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, the responses have been pretty much in favor of darkside, but I voted lightside.

I think the poll is unfair to the darkside, however. My gut instinct is that most neutral players will vote lightside rather than darkside. If that's true, then darkside will probably lose. However, if lightside has to split its votes, then darkside has a decent chance of winning.

Of course, the relatively small sampling of folks makes it anyone's game. I suspect that most gamers overall would prefer the lightside, but that's just a guess.

Even if there had been a "grey side" option, I would have voted for the lightside.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Im gonna say Dark I mean yea it was ok being a Prodigal Knight but just seeing all them Sith bow down too meh was just awesome lol plus Darkside had it better anyways. And plz Obsidian when it comes down to making the ending movies plz try to get it over 20 seconds lol cuz the ending movies were way too short ehh. But yea Dark was awesome expecially for someone like me who tends to like the good guys all the time.

I chose LS, this is Star Wars afterall. DS suffered from "assholicus supremus", there were simply no honor in it.

Amen.

I was kinda irritated by the Jedi in KOTOR (i found their ideology unsufferable), but being a Sith was the equivalent of acting like a 13 years old spoiled brad, no thank you...

Well, if Obsidian does the dark side really well, I'm going to give it a shot. I'll still prefer lightside, but darkside could be cool, if...

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I like starting out Light Side, thus making the story make sense, before being so overcome with the revelation about my true background that I fall to the Dark Side on Korriban.

It just feels too ridiculous when I'm a Dark Sider, have veins popping up all over my forehead, and the Jedi council STILL sends me on the quest.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I'm really a big softy at heart and the game was too immersive for me to choose anything else than the Light Side.

I don't get any satisfaction out of playing a DS character, but then again that might be because many of the "evil" dialogue options in KOTOR were outright lame. Do I really have to behave like some kind of small-time pathetic thug to be a darksider? If so, I'll pass thank you.

I want to see a more subtle approach to evil in KOTOR II.

I think the devs should watch the first three movies (4,5 and 6)

Darth Vader gives a good example of how an "evil" character should act.

Agreed, no more "I'm Darth ----, bow before me! or "Give me all your credits or I'll kill you!" dialogue options...

Please?

Do I really have to behave like some kind of small-time pathetic thug to be a darksider? If so, I'll pass thank you.

Exactly. Darth Vader didn't have to kick puppies to show he was The Man.

Honestly, they even said it in game, on Korriban:

"I don't know why so many people seem to think 'Dark Side' and 'Hooligan' are the same thing."

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The Dark Side suffered a bit too much from the "haha I stole your your children's lunch money, omg lol!" syndrome. Hopefully this will be a bit different in TSL.

Anyway, played LS meself. Or rather "grey", since my Jedi was quite unstable and impatient. Some good acts, some evil ones, you get the idea. Still, it went OK in the end, and my little jediz0rz ended up as a quite devoted LSer.

Second playthrough was pure LS, though...

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I always used to play cliche good guy in all games. Just recently i played kotor with an evil character and i felt myself slipping to the dark side in real life as well. Now i can't even imagine returning to the old times and with high possibility, my all future characters will be somehow evil ;)