disappearing loot 2.01

c0r0ner

Question

The attached savegame file (renamed to .txt so I could upload, rename to .savegame to load) has a bug causing item loss on loot. It is currently saved near a container where if you pick up using the take all button, the enchanted cloak in the container will disappear. This keeps happening on a new game with equipment items when my character inventory is full. The items are disappearing instead of going to the stash. I can loot fine if my character inventory is not full or my looting one at a time, but the take all button causes items to disappear. 

8b116404-e481-4cea-b06f-bfc32829ec77 quicksave - Copy.txt

9 answers to this question

Hi there,

Is this issue still present on 2.02? Please update your installation and check then get back to us.

Also, in the future when trying to upload save files, output logs, and dxdiags please use Dropbox.

Thanks for your support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello Jcal23,

Could you please include an output log as well. Do you have a save before you look the container? Does this happen on a new game?

Same issue in regards to loot, I can't attach a save game however presumably because of the anti-spam limitations for new forum accounts.

You can upload using dropbox.

Save game file from before I loot the container next to my character: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvawqln45ka29id/617ef335eab04192930ea9ab8c1bc3f9_7713517_CilantLs.savegame

v2.02

Windows 10 x64

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

Thanks for uploading your save.  I loaded your save and I looted the item with no problems and it appeared in my stash. I suggest verifying your game cache in Steam. In your Steam Library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Thank you for your support. 

I have verified the integrity of my game cache and it reports every file is 100% fine, the game is the latest version on Steam. Here is a video demonstrating the issue: https://youtu.be/onE4wsah2z8

In the video I discovered that you can indeed loot it correctly if you first select the second character before clicking Loot All, if you don't do this before clicking Loot All the cloak will disappear. The video demonstrates both outcomes.

Edit: Improved video clarity, new link provided.

Edited by Nicholas Steel

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

Sure, I've attached it. I assume it might be an issue with the game not properly recognizing when a characters inventory is full while looting and then trying to add the item to the characters full inventory...

output_log.txt