Talking to Iovara

A good way to check would be to go back and redo the conversation, except have the option turned on to show you dialogue options you don't qualify for. Maybe there's something there?

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

I bet it's high resolve.  EVERY time I've thought there was something I was missing.... it turned out that my PC was low in resolve.  Seriously, boosting resolve can make a LOT of convo ops available - but jeez.... If not having high resolve (on the PC - it doesn't count on ANYONE else!) means you never get a really great option, HOW is that fun?

/grumble

Heh, they had to make resolve good for something ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Heh, they had to make resolve good for something ;)

Its one of the best stats for frontliners imo.  Deflection, high concentration for Low interrupt chance and great dialogue.

Have gun will travel.

It seems like so many good/important dialogue options require high resolve. I always have it high enough that I can hit the requirement with some equipment, rest bonus or food.

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha