Star Citizen

Darkpriest

Really should try this out, was a backer. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been sporadically following this game as I quite liked Freelancer, but the recent trailer with all the digital actors really put me off. They were all wayyyyyyy to far into the uncanny valley for me. Maybe cleaning up the lip-syncing will fix that somewhat, but as it stands... not sure I could play it. I kept having to look away because their weird doll faces were weirding me out.

• 3 months later...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't even know that it wasn't known yet. I never expected the game to ship end of this year, and thought it was clear since the last presentation.

But I love that with 3.1 they want to get the Hull-C into the game. It's the ship I've spend some money on. I am guessing it being approx half of 2017 to be ready.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

SC has been off my radar for a long time eventhough i'm a backer. Their marketing is flawless and evil LOL, i really don't have enough capital to keep spending. I kinda regret too for investing a substantial amount of money into the game on impulse. Besides, i kinda expected it to delay launch a couple of years and i have no qualms with that. After you recover from all the hype, nostalgia and dreaming, you realize that the scale and detail they're aiming for is beyond ridiculous imo. Don't get me wrong, its good that they had so much planned for the game but devs need to be realistic imo. I've no doubts the game will launch sometime in the future but whether it'll be successful, meet player expectations and also able to sustain a healthy enough playerbase for the longevity of the game is the thing i'm most concerned about. The higher you climb the harder you fall.

Edited by deathcoy

• 5 months later...

A very smart move here from Cloud Imperium Games with Star Citizen.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7581676/#Comment_7581676

I'm talking about the first answer in the post about DX11/12 and Vulkan.  They are just supporting Vulkan.   Basically, Vulkan hits all versions of Windows and Linux vs DX12 being Win10 only.  While DX11 is somewhat obsolete for a project like this.   That gives them one Graphics API to worry about across all users and platforms.  Glad to see these guys making the rational decision.

• Like 4

The last few weeks have been pretty great anyway. Lots of new info, lots of new video material. It's one of the projects I recently really like to track again. Basically I've exchanged my weekly Trump news with Star Citizen. It's better for my health anyway.

Now they just have to drastically improve the netcode of the game. Adding european servers already helped a great deal, but it's still not as good as it should / could.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The last few weeks have been pretty great anyway. Lots of new info, lots of new video material. It's one of the projects I recently really like to track again. Basically I've exchanged my weekly Trump news with Star Citizen. It's better for my health anyway.

Now they just have to drastically improve the netcode of the game. Adding european servers already helped a great deal, but it's still not as good as it should / could.

Yeah, I check in on games I've backed now that the Presidential race is over myself.  Shenmue 3, SC, Battletech, Camelot Unchained, and of course Deadfire.  Pretty much stay on rotation. 

I just downloaded the Alpha of Camelot Unchained, and I am excited for them to have the servers up next time I am off work.  The systems ideas seem incredibly solid, but I worry about how they are wanting to do their combat.  We will see.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

• 7 months later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-30-star-citizen-shows-off-cities-the-size-of-planets

Well, that sounds cool. Roberts will either be a god or end up in a corn field at this point :lol:

• Like 1

Star Citizen is a game so good it costs human misery to make. :p

I wish my misery would be valued as much as Star Citizen's development :-P

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think it will be (almost) everything No Man's Sky promised to be. It's going to be really good, possibly buggu because it's so ambitious but still... great nonetheless.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 11 months later...

Well, good looking trailer

Even if the pull it together it seems like a game that will get dull very fast. Take a break for real life errands, to do errands in space world. I can’t wait to play star citizen and ride a metro system to the space port!

Really, just a single player campaign would have been grand.

Can I have my Freespace3 now?

• Like 1

Even if the pull it together it seems like a game that will get dull very fast. Take a break for real life errands, to do errands in space world. I can’t wait to play star citizen and ride a metro system to the space port!

Really, just a single player campaign would have been grand.

Can I have my Freespace3 now?

EVE is basically RL-like errands: The Game.

Squadron 42 is the purely single player campaign (unless they add some co-op nonsense anyway).

FS3 would be absolutely great. If there was someone with the ability to make it while keeping true to the spirit of the series. At least we've got Blue Planet and Diaspora now.

Edited by Aoyagi
  • Like 1

A nice looking trailer with a certain "How many recognisable names and faces can you spot now!" to it.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well it looks like it will be at least as good as the Wing Commander movie.

Come on, it's not that bad. 

A nice looking trailer with a certain "How many recognisable names and faces can you spot now!" to it.. ;)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/fullcredits

Yeah... I guess that's what happens when you have too much money to produce a game with. And there's a distinct lack of Malcolm McDowell.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.