White March (part 1) decisions - White Forge final most notably

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

I find it very climatic, that the decision you have to make at the end of the Durgan's Battery does not give any immediate results. You just choose an option most suitable for you and - nothing. All will be explained in the upcoming second part of the White March expansion and it gives you this feeling comparable to waiting for another episode of your favourite TV series.

I know that in the vanilla game there are more stuff that can have later effects depending on your actions but this is a little dirrefent. I get it why the devs wanted to cut the expansion into two separate tales, so the second one will probably be about the consequences of the decisions made in the first part. There is no quick response to that, we just have to wait and see. Speedrunning is impossible, as there is no content to play (for now).

In the future the game will no longer be expanded by Obsidian and they will focus on a sequel, so everything that there is to know about Pillars of Eternity will be common knowledge, just as it is with the truth about the protagonist of Baldur's Gate, or the real relation between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in Star Wars. Duh. But now - this exact moment? Right now we can experience this story how it was meant to be told.

And I thank everyone for that opportunity - glad I could be a part of it.

Cheers!

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...