I have a ranger--how do I get an animal companion?

Hmmm.  You should have been prompted in the ranger creation process to choose one of a number of companions (six maybe to choose from - cat, wolf, stag, bear, antelope.... hmmm, missing one or maybe I just miscounted....)

In fact.... I'm not sure you can actually get through the ranger creation process WITHOUT picking the companion.

• Like 1

I have not been able to figure out how to get an animal companion for my ranger. She is a level 4 Deadfire Arch Hunter.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Deadfire is the place of origin, and hunter is her profession, neither of those are her class...  Dunno where the hell Arch came into it.  Does it actually say Ranger on your character sheet?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Deadfire Archipeligo

Ah!  I thought he was referring to himself as an Arch Hunter.  Brain really isn't in gear this morning, thanks.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Deadfire Archipeligo

Ah!  I thought he was referring to himself as an Arch Hunter.  Brain really isn't in gear this morning, thanks.

You need high stealth to sneak up on those arches!  8)

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Deadfire Archipeligo

You need high stealth to sneak up on those arches!  8)

The Most Dangerous Game!  Those Ninja Arches that just pop up behind you are the worse.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. Here is a dropbox link of the character profile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urfzl386t14siek/POE_TIA.jpg?dl=0

Aha it is a ranger!  In that case you should already have it, you should have started with it.  If you don't, maybe respeccing will help?  As you get to pick your animal companion again when you respec.