Souldbound weapon "Kill X enemies" - am I missing anything?

Alright, so I found the Greenstone Staff and bound it to my mage (hired generic companion).

The first level-up for the staff ("Do X damage to beetles, or Y damage to other enemies") was very easy; on the same map where I found the staff there was also a group of beetles, and they were more than enough to do the required amount of damage with the staff.

However, I can't seem to get any progress for the second level-up:

KevmDM9.png

The mage has definitely finished off a bunch of enemies with it - but the count remains at zero.

To be sure, I got some enemies down to one health dot with the help of the whole party, and then let the party stand back while the Mage finished them off with the Greenstone Staff. But the staff's kill counter just won't rise.

Is there something I'm missing about this mechanic, or should I open a bug report?

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I think it is a bug because I've heard 2.01 had similar issues like that one. But which patch are you using 2.0 or 2.02 the beta?

If you are using steam, I recommend the 2.02 beta opt in, as it seems to have fixed a lot of issues.

Edited by Ymarsakar
  • Like 1

I'm still using 2.01 - was holding off 2.02 until IE mod gets upgraded ;)

UPDATE: Huh. After exiting and reloading the game, resting at the inn, and going to a different area, the counter now works. (Not retroactively, but I don't mind that.)

UPDATE2: And now it doesn't again.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Hey I don't want to spoil anything but you have to do something specifically after the kill count that you will think its broken but is not.  Message me if you want to know.

Have gun will travel.