The White Marches Part 2 Companion

So I just read an article on Rocks, Paper, Shotgun that spoke of Chris Avvelone's new companion for the next expansion, and I have to say I thought it sounded like such a bad idea I checked to see if I had missed some second coming of April Fools day. Within the article Chris states that the new companion will be a 4th wall breaking clown named Bunty. It sounds like a Deadpool rip off and I am not initially enthused. Am I missing a joke?

“Bunty’s narrative role is to deconstruct the world in a subtle yet pointed way, made possible by the fact that as the most coveted RPG designer in the industry right now, I was finally able to get Josh to sign a contract that banned any changes to my work or my vision. Not that I took advantage. That would be very wrong and bad.”

Players can look forward to hiring Bunty in the first town, ready with hilarious zingers like “Ooh, a snowy expansion pack? THAT’S original!” and “Dyrwood? I’ll tell you what’s dire – our pathfinding routines!” It will not be possible to kill or dismiss Bunty."

Trying to hold off judgement, but like a true Whovian I am VERY skeptical of the new companion being something I will enjoy.

The Article

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/28/chris-avellone-games-he-definitely-wrote/

There is no way that is serious.

I sure hope so, the articles entire tone is silly, but the author used quotes so I am not sure. Might have been Fished In on that one. *Hooks mouth*

This is official, the Obsidian Boards are as gullible as the Codex.

That whole article was a joke. I mean, Avellone writing for Doom and Cities Skyline? What part of that thing sounded at all serious?

• Like 1

ps Dont add romances. To anything.

+1 million.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not buying it (as in, reserving judgment; I wish I didn't buy it already but alas) but that would actually be pretty awesome, considering the sorry state the game is in.

It would be nice of them to (finally) point out themselves the fact that they released a game in beta state with non-existent AI. It would be be the acknowledgement from devs that we can't seem to get on these supposedly "support" forums.

Although it might be too sad, if not downright infuriating because they're so true. I might end up throwing my keyboard across the room at those zingers because it's as if the game itself is mocking us,

"You paid $60 for a broken game and STILL shelf out another $25 for more bugs?! Hahahahahahahah gotchu twice you ****!!!"

Edited by LaSpeakeasi

This is official, the Obsidian Boards are as gullible as the Codex.

That whole article was a joke. I mean, Avellone writing for Doom and Cities Skyline? What part of that thing sounded at all serious?

Hey, it was one guy on the Codex.

Edited by Infinitron

A joke of course, but one that gives me nightmares....

I am totally convinced, that there are devs out there with just one thought:

REVENGE for bad critiques, flames on forums, non-acceptance of their work etc. etc.

And that joke up there could be "The Revenge of the Misjudged Narrator"...

a "companion" with decreasing stats and increasing annoyance-factor, something like that N00ber from BG 1...

A joke of course, but one that gives me nightmares....

I am totally convinced, that there are devs out there with just one thought:

REVENGE for bad critiques, flames on forums, non-acceptance of their work etc. etc.

And that joke up there could be "The Revenge of the Misjudged Narrator"...

a "companion" with decreasing stats and increasing annoyance-factor, something like that N00ber from BG 1...

Hey, it's only flaming if the product in question is actually finished and functional and all our bitchings weren't true. 

+1 million.

+ another million

I'll see your 2 million and raise you a gazillion!  :thumbsup:

Hey, romance is already in the game!  It just skips out on all that unnecessary "getting to know them" and jumps straight to what the player really wants: to pay for a fade to black.  The Salty Mast has romances for all!  On a side note, I'm surprised no protest group has made the claim that Pillars is pro-prostitution: you not only have the chance to engage in the activity but you gain a game bonus if you do, without any of the negatives (like crabs).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

+1 million.

+ another million

I'll see your 2 million and raise you a gazillion!  thumbsup.gif

Hey, romance is already in the game!  It just skips out on all that unnecessary "getting to know them" and jumps straight to what the player really wants: to pay for a fade to black.  The Salty Mast has romances for all!  On a side note, I'm surprised no protest group has made the claim that Pillars is pro-prostitution: you not only have the chance to engage in the activity but you gain a game bonus if you do, without any of the negatives (like crabs).

And remember you are not paying them for sex, you are paying them to leave afterwards.

• Like 1

+1 million.

+ another million

I'll see your 2 million and raise you a gazillion!  thumbsup.gif

And remember you are not paying them for sex, you are paying them to leave afterwards.

Just like real life relationships!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams