Odd Nua (The Descent)

So I just went to do the first level of odd nua, The door I thought was taking me to the first area, actually took me to the sunny grounds of my keep. It turns out that giant spider I killed, was level 1.

So, how do I get to the next level please? (first level was pretty easy, I'm confident about level 2 now)

I want to clear out some levels to get more gold and xp so I can level up and build a higher security rating on my keep (currently around level 22 security, needs to be much higher. I did loose the 2nd barbican though so that dropped it a few... I may actually go to a previous save and try and win that fight manually)

To those of you that have completed Odd Nua, any tips on the descent? I know theres an Adra Dragon at the bottom that I probably can't kill yet, how far down should I be thinking of venturing at level 5 and 4, also newcomer to these games (I'm not hopeless though, I have played many team based strategy games, just always have been turn based in the past)

One of the rooms on the first level has a stairway going down - make sure you have actually entered every room on the 1st level.

(it's on the opposite side of the one leading out)

As for how far to go - when the fights get too hard - leave and come back after you have leveled some more.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

So I just went to do the first level of odd nua, The door I thought was taking me to the first area, actually took me to the sunny grounds of my keep. It turns out that giant spider I killed, was level 1.

So, how do I get to the next level please? (first level was pretty easy, I'm confident about level 2 now)

I want to clear out some levels to get more gold and xp so I can level up and build a higher security rating on my keep (currently around level 22 security, needs to be much higher. I did loose the 2nd barbican though so that dropped it a few... I may actually go to a previous save and try and win that fight manually)

To those of you that have completed Odd Nua, any tips on the descent? I know theres an Adra Dragon at the bottom that I probably can't kill yet, how far down should I be thinking of venturing at level 5 and 4, also newcomer to these games (I'm not hopeless though, I have played many team based strategy games, just always have been turn based in the past)

Like everyone said if its your first time probe around and fight the fights you think you can win.  Once you get to a new level sneak around and see what bad guys are on that level if you see they are too high come back.  Personally I have done it twice.  Now I just wait until I am level 12 or so and do the entire thing as one big campaign.

Have gun will travel.

I was only planning on doing 1 or 2 more levels for now anyway.

How can I see what level an enemy is? Also for level 5, what quests am I supposed to be doing at this level? I was in Defiance Bay, I locked up the guy who was impersonating some other guy and did the first quest for the dozens (I know if I do the 2nd one, it'll lock me in as supporting them, I think I want to go with the knights so not doing that quest)

I decided to back track and see what needs done, a lot of the missions (like the raederic one) are meant for higher levels though sure. Thought I'd take a look bellow and see if there's any good gold or items that can be found. I'm sure I'll be fine with a few levels.

You cant see just fight a few.  If you have trouble and die come back (or if you are me and only play Trial of Iron start again!) or if you win but had to throw every per rest spell or all of your abilities just to eek out survival come back!  If you follow the story/stay around defiance bay level 5 is great.  Just keep going.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

You cant see just fight a few.  If you have trouble and die come back (or if you are me and only play Trial of Iron start again!) or if you win but had to throw every per rest spell or all of your abilities just to eek out survival come back!  If you follow the story/stay around defiance bay level 5 is great.  Just keep going.

I love the story. I may just do the next level and then go back to defiance and do some stuff there then do some quests for the knights. I can also do the 1st quest for the family without becoming obligated I think, only after the 2nd quest I think you become locked into that faction. I was going to play it safe and just go straight to the faction I want, but I'd already done the first dozens mission and that was ok.

• Like 1

Yeah, you'll know which quest locks you in as they will warn you that it will annoy the other factions, once they start saying that about the quest what they really mean is that it will lock you in.  At that point don't go any further in any of them until you know which one you want to sign up to.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

In groups with Druids they are extremely dangerous.  Insect Swarm can ruin even a high level party if not prepared properly with a priests Suspend Affliction or a Paladins Liberating Exhortation (even though with Liberating Exhortation its like trying to put out a forest fire with a fire extinguisher it helps). or the ring that has Suppress Affliction bound to it.

Have gun will travel.

you saying groups with Ogre's and druids? That is the only one I've seen so far. I'm saved right after I killed the ogre in the trap I set up, have not pushed on any further yet, level 3 I think it is! Was the first enemy I came accross while scouting with my rogue. I tend to use the rogue to clear an area then move the rest of my party up and set them up for an ambush and move on with my rogue. When I find something, I un-pause and run back to the main group and then 2hold the line" and wait for them to almost attack before I attack to keep the formation, using ranged where needed to silence their ranged and casters, lock the mele in and then start from there. I really hate shades though, I think I will always kill them first from now on and use a good tank to hold off stuff with more HP.