Battletech

ShadySands

Broke a million in just under 25 hours

Stage 2 unlocked - Full single player story campaign

Edit- I think the numbers are too high for the backer missions because I'd really like to see them hit the 56 point goal

Edit2 - They are saying they hit a million in 24 hours including paypal

647349b5b2c57f7835e24cd54c07268e_origina

Now, MechWarriors, it’s ONWARD towards our next major objective: STAGE 3 - The Extended Mercenary Campaign!

As you will see, we have added several key targets on our march to STAGE 3.

• $1,100,000 - Cinematic Transitions: We'll add short cutscenes for various events in game - such as deploying your forces to the battlefield - and for key moments in the single-player story.
  • $1,200,000 - Player-Character Origin Stories: In BATTLETECH, you’ll create your own mercenary character to star in the story. If we hit this funding level, you'll be able to choose one of six origin stories for your mercenary commander's career. Are you the only heir of a once noble family that has since fallen from favor? The bastard child of a famous MechWarrior? You decide.
  • $1,350,000 - Voice Acting: We'll record a cast of talented voice actors to act as your advisers, provide mission briefings, and record battlefield emotes. We’ll also add voice acting to the animatics for important moments in the story.
  • $1,550,000: 3D MechWarrior Portrait Customization: We'll build a complete 3D portrait customization system for you to customize the look of both your MechWarriors and your own Mercenary commander.

And how do we reach our STAGE 3 objective? Together.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Awesome that they can use the MWO models. They look good and it saves them a lot time and money which can be spend on other areas instead.

I'd be curious how they plan to implement Crytek engine models into the Unity engine.

So far I'm just in at the $25 minimum to get the game tier.  I can always change my mind later and adjust (or cancel) my pledge.  I'm not usually keen on physical rewards, but dat jacket tho.  Still, I can't justify dropping $275 on a game, so I better just put it out of my mind.

Dat jacket tho.

Yeah. Made me go "click" and "typie typie password" and "click" and now I'll soon be 275$ poorer for it. Awesome how my resolution to keep my credit card bill a little smaller this time got blown away a couple hours after I went and made it. :biggrin:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Wow. That jacket looks right like the kind of thing I'd love to have and never use.

Eh. I have never played a MW game before and don't know anything about the universe, but IN HBS WE TRUST.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hopefully not "they killed your minor noble family...the time for VENGEANCE is now."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

am gonna make a $50 contribution, but only once they hit $1.5 mil and only if they do so with at least ten days remaining.  am not particular interested in stage 4, but we kinda need stage 3 to be an imminent goal before we invest.

am a battletech tabletop and rpg nerd from way back in the 80s, and we put excessive hours into mechwarrior 2, GBL, mechwarrior 2: mercenaries, mechcommander... as well as mechwarrior 4, vengeance and mercenaries.  am recalling we stopped playing mechwarrior 3 almost immediately 'cause o' issues with controls.

regardless, am much looking forward to battletech, but we don't want most o' a battletech game.  stage 3 or bust.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Awesome that they can use the MWO models. They look good and it saves them a lot time and money which can be spend on other areas instead.

I'd be curious how they plan to implement Crytek engine models into the Unity engine.

Doubt it will be a big deal. No idea what model format Cryengine uses, but in any case the MWO folks should have the source files, which then can be ported to anything else.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

647349b5b2c57f7835e24cd54c07268e_origina

PS: I so love this concept art, because the Catapult is 100% my thing. Also is my fav+ mech in MWO, which I used effectively to slay many opponents.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

PS: I so love this concept art, because the Catapult is 100% my thing. Also is my fav+ mech in MWO, which I used effectively to slay many opponents.

Oh are you playing MWO? I just reinstalled it after year or so :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Not actively anymore. The development became so slow at some point that I've lost motivation to play. Then our group of people who played every few days disappeard as well and playing alone in public sucks a lot.

That's why I've got some great hopes in this thing here. Singleplayer and even turn based, this can become the mech game I am really carving for since years.

Not actively anymore. The development became so slow at some point that I've lost motivation to play. Then our group of people who played every few days disappeard as well and playing alone in public sucks a lot.

That's why I've got some great hopes in this thing here. Singleplayer and even turn based, this can become the mech game I am really carving for since years.

Yeah I am still extremely sad about lack of destructible environment :/

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Atlas, Thunderbolt, Catapult, and Vindicator are confirmed for the game, as long as those are in, I can work with that.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No Timber Wolfs or Mad Dogs . Legal stuff I suppse.

meh.

Fixed. :)

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No Madcats or Vultures. Legal stuff I suppse.

meh. 

well, the time period is wrong.  this is pre-clan invasion, so no omni-mechs.  however, archers and warhammers would likely be out for aforementioned legal reasons... as well as numerous other mechs.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

meh. 

well, the time period is wrong.  this is pre-clan invasion, so no omni-mechs.  however, archers and warhammers would likely be out for aforementioned legal reasons... as well as numerous other mechs.

HA! Good Fun!

They are taking models from MWO, warhammer and archer is not in as well so yeah....

It's all in the mechlab or god knows where. Fired it up again and since I played last the interface has changed a lot. Finding it a little confusing right now.

Oh I found where the menu is. But all of them say Owned: 0

check if you dont have it already installed in some mech (I am not sure as I never used these but some items are for only one mech)

• Like 1

meh. 

HA! Good Fun!

They are taking models from MWO, warhammer and archer is not in as well so yeah....

To me it's all about the Mechcommander and Mechwarrior series.  Battletech was some kind of DOS game with no clan mechs, who cares about that. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.