Battletech

ShadySands

Longest installation ever! See you tomorrow xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Sheesh, I'm only getting 11MB/sec from GOG. Hurry up service, I wanna plaaaaaaaaay. ;)

Look at this dude with his first world Internet :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sheesh, I'm only getting 11MB/sec from GOG. Hurry up service, I wanna plaaaaaaaaay. ;)

Look at this dude with his first world Internet :p

Funny, you'd think that the Regent of Terra would have a good connection.

• Like 2

So my backer code is apparently invalid. It's just as well, this way I have no reason to bother with ****ing Paradox's always-online garbage in my DRM-FREE GAME. I'll just download the cracked version and play that instead, thank you very much.

Aaand now HBS are in my ****list too, at least when it comes to Kickstarter. Good show.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Regardless, you should probably complain to HBS' support. Or Paradox, or ideally both. Tyranny had a preorder bonus as well (obviously no Kickstarter DLC) and that worked entirely without any Paradox accounts, it was just a small file to download seperately.

On a more entertaining note that GOG thread already has complaints about the pronoun selection.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It said my code was invalid the first time but I tried it again and made sure there were no spaces and it worked. I deleted and retyped the first and last characters just to be sure.

PS the Paradox account linking is somewhat of a bad touch though

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well I ran my mercenary empire into the ground by constantly refitting my mechs and selling off my low tier ones to pay for it.

Why is there not a heat efficiency gauge and why don't the mounting points show when I mouse over a weapon. 

Does the multiple attack skill actually work, my mechs only fire at one target. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well I ran my mercenary empire into the ground by constantly refitting my mechs and selling off my low tier ones to pay for it.

Why is there not a heat efficiency gauge and why don't the mounting points show when I mouse over a weapon. 

Does the multiple attack skill actually work, my mechs only fire at one target.

You have to click the hexagon near the weaspons and it'll show A, B, C.. and then that's how you assign a weapon to a target.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ok so far I like it but some stuff which is anoying:

1. Optimalisation is non-existing

2. load times are horrible

3. bassilion of needless animations and camera shots - cool for first 10 minutes of gameplay

4. no borderless window setting

5. no setting for animation speed

those really bother me so far. otherwise fun game

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

ok so far I like it but some stuff which is anoying:

1. Optimalisation is non-existing

2. load times are horrible

3. bassilion of needless animations and camera shots - cool for first 10 minutes of gameplay

4. no borderless window setting

5. no setting for animation speed

those really bother me so far. otherwise fun game

Not sure there is much of a tactical layer other than standing in the right environment to get bonuses. Why is there no overwatch so you can ambush a blip on the radar screen for instance. There should be more places light mechs can go but heavies can't. Elevation bonuses to aim. 

The animations are kinda lackluster.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think there is elevation bonus. I am also starting to notice some weapons are just useless, why would anyone employ SRM2 is beyond me, its less heat effective and have same damage/weight ratio as other SRMs and you still need to carry 1 ton of ammo... All long range ACs are quite useless as well

Can someone tell me if contracts expire over time or are they rerolled every time you finish one? Got my first choice between 2 of them and I'm not sure which to go for or if I can have both.

Edited by Oner

Can't you change the cinematic stuff in the settings? The game has a boatload of sliders for that.

Yeah I turned it all off and it does speed up the game a little

I'm also having some luck with AC/5s. I don't have access to anything bigger yet but I put two of those and some medium lasers on my Blackjack and I have the most kills on my squad.

PS My commander is pretty much full gunnery

Edited by ShadySands

Can someone tell me if contracts expire over time or are they rerolled every time you finish one? Got my first choice between 2 of them and I'm not sure which to go for or if I can have both.

I'm not quite sure how it works but I think it's a bit of both. I think if you stay on a planet/system then they stick around but if you travel or complete them all then they get rerolled. I haven't tested it so that could be way off

Did anyone else lose Dekker early on?

• Like 1

Yep, he bought it on the first mission.  Replaced him with Horseman...annoying woman that says "mmhmm" after every sentence :lol:

• Like 1

I didn't lose him either so far... he did get injured though. However I freely will admit to reloading the first mission because he got spanked hard the first time around. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I edited the files to change the layout around

http://btmodding.warriorsblood.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm trying to make some additional weapons at the moment

Edit - now I'll probably end up modding things for a week and forget to play the game

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1