Battletech

ShadySands

whats your favorite mecha anime?

Macross X, undoubtedly.

And my favorite mech game will always be Brigador which often gets mistaken for a twin stick shooter but isn't even close).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

My third favorite is Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans. Second favorite's Knights of Sidonia. But my all time

favorite is Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (Sousuke Sagara is just a total badass in them).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I don't know of any :/

I came to the giant fighting robot genre with a BattleTech compilation set (MechWarrior, Crescent Hawks Inception, and Crescent Hawks Revenge) from a Target (the famous French store) clearance rack and we only got TV channels that we could pick up with antenna/wire hanger and tin foil.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

a single year after we bought 2nd edition battletech and the black widow company supplement and battletech maps n' stuff, battletech became mechwarrior: the battletech role-playing game.

almost rage-quit battletech/mechwarrior.  most o' our investment in battletech were dated 'fore we got to play it more than a few times.

*shrug*

were all pre clan in the pre 90s when we were doing pnp battletech/mechwarrior, so battletech 2018 is kinda harkening back to our nostalgia sweetspot.  admitted, there is a few clan mechs (and aerospace fighters) am looking forward to if this game is successful enough to spawn a sequel.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

13Gigs, yayks, another 2 hours of waiting for me :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

13Gigs, yayks, another 2 hours of waiting for me :/

Bleh, so much for playing it tonight :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sheesh, I'm only getting 11MB/sec from GOG. Hurry up service, I wanna plaaaaaaaaay. ;)

I'm in the same boat as you. It's taking forever to download through GOG Galaxy for me. Man I can not wait to play this.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Sheesh, I'm only getting 11MB/sec from GOG. Hurry up service, I wanna plaaaaaaaaay. ;)

Yeah man. Between that and the no pre-loading thing it's tough to be a GOG fanboy sometimes. Get with the program CDPR!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Anyone else having problems logging into their Paradox accounts in game? I keep getting an unspecified error

I just want to redeem my baker in-game stuff

Logging in wasn't an issue but the unlock simply doesn't work. It's stuck at "checking code" and I'm afraid to kill the game, who knows if they just mark the code as used in the background and I'm screwed. Happened to me with WoW. Meh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the anti-PC brigade to make a mountain out of that molehill

That's just Jordan Weisman playing 4D chess though. The counter-reaction to the anti-PC brigade crusade will give his game a ton of free publicity.

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 more gigs....

also Gorgon, its just like, your opinion, man

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"