Sagani mentions Thaos before I even know I am looking for him

sapientNode

Question

9 answers to this question

Well, I don't ever mess with the premades..... but still - it's perfectly logical that someone else would know about him.  Seriously, this guy has perverted the souls of bajillions of people - it's not at all unlikely that you would meet others who have experience of such a.... um.... I actually don't think I know a word that bad....

[....and by that you may rightly assume that I personally don't consider this a bug....]

Edited by Oralaina

It is not just a mention of him or knowledge of him.

The exact statement or close to it is:

So you are looking for Thaos huh? (paraphrase)  As in we had a convo about the situation.

It is triggering before I even have heard of Thaos.

I guess Sagani could be talking to a future version of myself somehow.

Yeah that doesn't make sense.  If it were anyone else it might slide, but Thaos is the epitome of mystery and secrets.  No way a casual adventurer would know his name.  Lady Webb only knew it because she was intimately linked with him, not to mention being a cipher.

Honestly, it sometimes feels like the story needs it. It tends to lose focus so much in the beginning that I forget that I have personal issues and devolves into "I have just stumbled upon ye ole random hamlet in need of a hero". The whole "hey, I've got an entire ****tail party full of people in my head driving me mad" part of the story doesn't get communicated well at all.

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha

IIRC this was a bug way back and it was fixed in 1.04 or 1.05... Looks like something broke it again. That dialog is only meant to fire if you already know Thaos's name.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus