Update #101: Update 2.02 is Live

GOG player here.

If there are two separate patches for WM and no-WM games will it be necessary to install both in order to patch the game properly?

That was the case with 2.01

Yup. From here on out, if you have WM content, you will need to install both patches to get completely patched up.

• Like 3

GOG player here.

If there are two separate patches for WM and no-WM games will it be necessary to install both in order to patch the game properly?

Yup. From here on out, if you have WM content, you will need to install both patches to get completely patched up.

Will it matter what order you install them? I assumed I would only need the WM version and have already installed it....:(

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Hey, everyone. Looks like there was a little bit of miscommunication on our part which caused confusion in the update notes.

The note that mentioned "Draining Item Mod should only drain 15% attack speed now" was incorrect, but it requires a longer explanation.

In The White March a new Item Mod was created that was intended to drain a small amount of attack speed from an opponent and grant it to the weapon's user. Erroneously, this mod was initially named "Draining." Because we already had an Item Mod named Draining in the base game it was causing the old Item Mod to get removed from older weapons when it shouldn't have. To fix this issue the new Item Mod was renamed to Ambushing. This meant that weapons that use the attack speed draining effect used the Item Mod named Ambushing and the older weapons that used the Endurance draining effect used the Item Mod named Draining.

The update notes incorrectly referenced the older name (Draining) when mentioning that a bug with the Item Mod had been fixed. This is the cause of the confusion.

Unfortunately, Ambushing doesn't properly describe the Item Mod effect, so it is being changed to the name "Time Siphon."

In conclusion, Draining is remaining the same (Endurance draining) and Ambushing is now named Time Siphon (and has had its attack speed siphoning reduced to 15%). The name change for Time Siphon will take place in the 2.03 update.

I apologize for the confusion that this caused.

• Like 1

Would someone be so kind as to send me their "draining.unity3d" file from a 2.02 Windows install?

It looks like I don't have that file, which means I'm still experiencing the bug whereby loading a game removes that ability from my weapons. I don't really feel like reinstalling the whole thing just for that.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Would someone be so kind as to send me their "draining.unity3d" file from a 2.02 Windows install?

It looks like I don't have that file, which means I'm still experiencing the bug whereby loading a game removes that ability from my weapons. I don't really feel like reinstalling the whole thing just for that.

I got a message of an error when I patched re: that file....

Pillars of Eternity patch log
File not found (for patching): C:\GOG Games\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle\draining.unity3d

Not sure what to do - re-download & reinstall the patch? Not even sure the game will let me do that as my game currently shows as 2.02.0749 PX1

Yeah, got the same error message.

Really need that file if we want the draining weapon enchantment to work :(

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yeah, got the same error message.

Really need that file if we want the draining weapon enchantment to work :(

I wonder if we do? Could it be that it's the new file that was originally called draining that is showing as missing because it was renamed? I don't have a current save with any draining weapons to check...

Will it matter what order you install them? I assumed I would only need the WM version and have already installed it.... :(

Doesn't matter.

Last time (2.01) I did the WM patch first, and the standard patch second. Did the trick.

Now (2.02) I did the opposite and everything seems to be in order.

The version is 2.02.0749 PX1 and Hiravias finally casts "storm" spells when I ask him to!

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I wonder if we do? Could it be that it's the new file that was originally called draining that is showing as missing because it was renamed? I don't have a current save with any draining weapons to check...

I've consolled in Tidefall and when I save/reload, it loses the Draining enchantment.

GOG player here.

Will it matter what order you install them? I assumed I would only need the WM version and have already installed it.... :(

It shouldn't matter.

I've consolled in Tidefall and when I save/reload, it loses the Draining enchantment.

Is this only a problem on GOG? I am not missing the file when I check the latest Steam build and I just checked the build we submitted to GOG and it has the file in it.

I just got the flail from the Temple in GV and while it does not say draining it does say 20% of damage restored as endurance (Can't recall if it used to say draining or not) I did not re/download and re-install after getting the error message.

It works!

Endlessly obliged, Oralaina :)

Is this only a problem on GOG? I am not missing the file when I check the latest Steam build and I just checked the build we submitted to GOG and it has the file in it.

I'm on GOG. Let's see if anyone from the Steam world is experiencing the same.

I just got the flail from the Temple in GV and while it does not say draining it does say 20% of damage restored as endurance (Can't recall if it used to say draining or not) I did not re/download and re-install after getting the error message.

Enchantment names stopped appearing in 2.0 by choice of the developers; "20% of damage restored as endurance" is the correct writing for the Draining enchantment. Does it retain that upon saving/loading?

Tidefall didn't for me when I tried (but it does now that I added Oralaina's file to my objectbundle folder.)

• Like 1

It works!

Endlessly obliged, Oralaina :)

I'm on GOG. Let's see if anyone from the Steam world is experiencing the same.

Enchantment names stopped appearing in 2.0 by choice of the developers; "20% of damage restored as endurance" is the correct writing for the Draining enchantment. Does it retain that upon saving/loading?

Tidefall didn't for me when I tried (but it does now that I added Oralaina's file to my objectbundle folder.)

Sigh... No it disappears after save & reload :(

Then grab Oralaina's file and slap it in your objectbundle folder. It will make it work.

I didn't fix Tidefall retroactively for me, but for some reason it did fix Gaun's Share retroactively. Weird times.

Then grab Oralaina's file and slap it in your objectbundle folder. It will make it work.

I didn't fix Tidefall retroactively for me, but for some reason it did fix Gaun's Share retroactively. Weird times.

Did not find an objectbundle folder - dropped it in asset bundle folder but didn't work??

Did not find an objectbundle folder - dropped it in asset bundle folder but didn't work??

This is the path in my install:

C:\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle

This is the path in my install:

C:\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle

And that's where it was in my windows steam install (with the necessary changes to path to account for steam's setup): that is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle.  And no, I'm not experiencing the same issues on steam as y'all are on gog.

Edited by Oralaina
  • Like 1

Why cant you guys just make a patch for WM containing everything needed. That way folks that only have the main game will get one patch only and people who have the expansiond get one patch. 

Gog here and also missing the file after patching. One patch only people please.

Edited by Gunnar.Maluf
  • Like 1