First PoTD Trial of Iron fight against the Alpine Dragon=win!

So I purposefully did not look up this fight!  It was my first time fighting the Alpine Dragon (I restart too much and don't like respeccing lol I am a masochist).  I will admit I by mistake read that he was immune to crush but before I read that I figured because all the cold blights were crush immune + I always run with different types of damaging weapons for that reason so it wouldn't of mattered!

The only cheese that went on was when all those SPIRITS spawned I freaked out (I didn't know he had those!) and scroll of Paralyzed the dragon and his blights while my wizard confused everything else.  This let me reset positioning and attack "friendly" spirits one by one.  I also used confuse again on the blights and let the dragon go TO TOWN on his blights lol (I saw 150 crush crits in there youch).  My Paladin had enough reflex too get a graze on his breathe (93 Freeze damage from a graze..) I have over 200 Endurance on my Paladin so it was fine...By that time Durance had buffed my customer wizard (Aloth is dead :( Death Guard Readric Finger of Deathed for 550 Corrode damage killing him instantly) and she had devotions of the faithful + Champion she wore the dragons Will down and put him to sleep (prone Will spell), my Paladins Firebrand, and the rest of the melee crew then went to town and he never recovered.

As you can see all my crew is in the green.  The only big hit I took was my Paladin PC against the freeze breath but that's what he is there for.  Relatively clean fight.

Proof! I didn't play Expert mode...should have. :

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-28+00.00.28.png

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-28+00.01.07.png

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Great job! The first 2-3 times I tried that fight I was cut down to size; I actually had to look it up and learn the appropriate strategy. Now I can cut through it like butter, but there's no way I could've made it without seeking meta-knowledge.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ya I feel bad about knowing he was crush immune but I am on these forums constantly and like I said it wouldn't of mattered as all my characters have more then one damage type.  I also guessed it before I read that post because of ice blights.  Everything "frost themed" seemed to be crush immune.

Have gun will travel.

Great job! The first 2-3 times I tried that fight I was cut down to size; I actually had to look it up and learn the appropriate strategy. Now I can cut through it like butter, but there's no way I could've made it without seeking meta-knowledge.

Ya I debated not doing the fight cause it was Trial of Iron and I didn't know it but if I did a Trial of Iron and didn't fight all the "risk" fights I would feel like I cheesed it.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.