When can we expect the Novella?

Is there an update on when we can expect the Novella?

The Kickstarter Campaign estimated April 2014 (clearly not possible) but now it has been six months since release (March 2015) and the first expansion has launched. 

When can we expect to receive the novella that many of us have purchased?

Note: I am genuinely curious, not mad. 

• Like 1

Is there an update on when we can expect the Novella?

The Kickstarter Campaign estimated April 2014 (clearly not possible) but now it has been six months since release (March 2015) and the first expansion has launched. 

When can we expect to receive the novella that many of us have purchased?

Note: I am genuinely curious, not mad. 

It's not just you then? My product page still says:

*** Not yet available ***

As we mentioned in Backer Update #92, Chris is busy working on finishing up the novella. Stay tuned for an upcoming backer update for more information on its release date.

I assumed that all these things will be available at launch. Nobody said anything about delays let alone this much. Is it still getting released?

Yes, it is still getting released. Chris Avellone confirmed it on Twitter when a member of this forum asked; a screenshot of the tweet was posted here but I don't have a link handy, so hopefully the user will chime in.

No ETA (MCA's busy finishing the WL2 novel right now, that I know of.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 1 month later...

Ah. Well, then. Would be interesting to have an update from whomever is handling it now.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Sking,

can you either confirm or deny that 3.03 is going to be the last patch for this game?

Pretty sure they meant the official release of 3.03, not the beta. The official release of a patch is always accompanied by a backer update, and the novella will be in that update.

^ Ah, was there ever a sweeter combination of words...!

• 1 month later...

GoG forgot to remove the "coming soon" part but if you click it, it will download.

Odd; I could download it from GoG. Will check again when I'm home.