The Dozen's Thugs

Whenever I enter the building of the Dozens the first time and see these arrogant thugs marching out, I can't wait to ...see them again.

In my current game I did the quest for the knights and thus, can't do the one for the Dozens.

Question:

I don't care about that spear or the entire Lle a Rhemen - thing.

The only thing I'd really want is to find a way to ...see these thugs again.

Are they gone for ever or will I have an opportunity later?

If you do the Dozens quest line you'll meet them outside of Lle a Rhemen and can finally get your satisfaction

Well, as I wrote, I did the Knight's quest. When I spoke with the Dozens' leader again, he called me a lackey of the knights and refused any more cooperation (of course I knew that due to previous games).

It would be a pity, because they must be somewhere...

Eh, I just snicker at the arrogant pompous peapecker bums, and go on about my business.  Y'know, anyone who needs to strut like that can't be much anyway.

[Oh for - jeezus.... there's worse than that in the game for chrissakes!  Referring to the words that required editing....]

Edited by Oralaina

The same about Penhelm, the guy with the armour of Osric from the Dozens.

When he waits outside of Hadret House and I tell him that his leader has to know,

he says something like "...I ask you ONE LAST TIME....".

In some games I just give him the armour, sometimes I take the fight. Normally, with an attitude like that he

deserves to be punished, even when I play the good girl, right?

• Like 1

When he waits outside of Hadret House and I tell him that his leader has to know,

In some games I just give him the armour, sometimes I take the fight. Normally, with an attitude like that he

Yeah.  I don't ever give him the armor.  He's a.... um.... well the forum won't let me say that.... but yeah.  Kill the SoB, he's not worth the air he breathes.

• Like 2

Yeah.  I don't ever give him the armor.  He's a.... um.... well the forum won't let me say that.... but yeah.  Kill the SoB, he's not worth the air he breathes.

Gasp! Oralaina! You would deprive the trees of much needed waste carbon dioxide?! How cruel! Although, I suppose if you were to bury him at that base of said tree, providing much needed fertilizer...

• Like 1

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha

^ I usually say he went too far and would've likely caused a scandal.

In all my games I'm usually in favor of animancy but they've got to have standards :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The first time through I hated Azo for hurting Gram and I turned in him.  The game does a good job of making you hate him and mistrust animancy generally.

Now I tend to let him off the hook.  He was driven off the rails by the Leaden Key's deceit and constant sabotage of his work.  The patients talk about how he used to be so kind and caring towards his patients until he was disgraced by the scandal.  I like to think he could actually accomplish good things without a shadow organization sabotaging his every move.

• Like 1

The first time through I hated Azo for hurting Gram and I turned in him.  The game does a good job of making you hate him and mistrust animancy generally.

Now I tend to let him off the hook.  He was driven off the rails by the Leaden Key's deceit and constant sabotage of his work.  The patients talk about how he used to be so kind and caring towards his patients until he was disgraced by the scandal.  I like to think he could actually accomplish good things without a shadow organization sabotaging his every move.

This is how I go about it now.  I do think he had way too much "help" from the manipulator....

So far, I always kill Osrya.  She's essentially a necromancer taking advantage of Raedric's desperation, and she does unspeakable things that have no application towards curing the Legacy.  The first time (Paladin), I tricked her into thinking I was friendly, then forced an attack to gain an element of surprise.  The second time (Barbarian), I just charged in with weapons swinging without really even talking to her.

I may try to make an evil character next, and I think I'd ally myself with her in that case.

I off her too.  For one thing, she sends out "harvesters" you run into in - hmm.... Magran's Fork maybe?

I never play evil, so wouldn't do anything but kill her ever.

Edited by Oralaina

I usually kill her too, but she does have a point about the legacy. She's one of the very few who don't buy into superstition.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ohhh, so Osrya sent Ludrana and those people that attack you.  I never figured out what that was about.  First time through I thought they might be Leaden Key, but second time I realized they wouldn't even know about you yet.

I think most animancers you talk to are convinced the Legacy isn't a magical curse, but something to be solved with science.

Ohhh, so Osrya sent Ludrana and those people that attack you.  I never figured out what that was about.  First time through I thought they might be Leaden Key, but second time I realized they wouldn't even know about you yet.

I think most animancers you talk to are convinced the Legacy isn't a magical curse, but something to be solved with science.

Yeah, if you read the note you get off her body, it mentions Raedric, and is signed by "O".  And I also have the definite feeling that animancers as a whole are totally unconvinced that a god has anything to do with Waidwen's Legacy.  So of course, in the back of my mind is "hmmm.... when you prove it's the Leaden Key, where does that leave everyone?"  And since I haven't finished the game yet (waiting on WM part 2), don't tell me, okay?  I already wound up knowing a bit more than I really wanted to, since some people can't seem to understand NOT spoilering in the General Discussion forum, AND they also don't know how to use simple spoiler tags....

Sometimes the game makes it hard to decide who is "evil" and who is not. And then there are the obvious villains.

Would you agree, when I say, that cooperating with the Doemenels is an act of ultimate badness?

Well, I would.  I have ZERO use for the mob in any iteration.

I usually give the evidence to him and still manage to get the armour, he seems to grow as a person as a result and a lot of his issues is down to basically having to cover up the fact that his soul in a previous life just happened to be on the other side and will therefore suffer for it despite not even remembering it himself.  He was a victim of a unfair system too, and has a point that it doesn't matter what he was in a previous life.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

^ interesting! Didn't think you could get the armor surrendering the evidence.

I usually give the evidence to him and still manage to get the armour, he seems to grow as a person as a result and a lot of his issues is down to basically having to cover up the fact that his soul in a previous life just happened to be on the other side and will therefore suffer for it despite not even remembering it himself.  He was a victim of a unfair system too, and has a point that it doesn't matter what he was in a previous life.

Actually, on this playthrough, I have traded him the evidence for the armor.  You do have to be careful which convo choice you pick, because there's only one (as far as I can tell) which will get you that result.

I rather think though that in this game a person's past souls MIGHT be a consideration....

• Like 1

^ interesting! Didn't think you could get the armor surrendering the evidence.

If I remember right, you call him out on his hipocrisy, not wanting to see his soul's "record" get in the hands of his superior officers on account that he isn't that person anymore, but still clinging to an ancient piece of armor that isn't even his because of the prestige associated with it.

I rather think though that in this game a person's past souls MIGHT be a consideration....

It's obviously a consideration for some people, hence the quest. But even the cipher tasked with the soul-reading find the Crucicle Knight's obsession with the "purity" of their officer's souls to be ridiculous.

Guess there's a RES check for that dialog option? I usually play low-RES characters so I would miss it.