Just a quick question about the Soulbound hunting bow stormcaller before I lock it to a companion. For the ranger bonus with 10% chance to proc returning storm, is the returning storm template centered on the ranger or on the target hit? I'm worried that if it's the former, because the ranger has such long attack range, the proc won't be particularly useful as she won't be in range for returning storm to hit anything. As a related question, do multiple returning storms stack?

I guess a similar question would apply with regard to the cipher bonus for soul shock. I'm assuming the proc there is centered on the target hit given that triggering soul shock around the caster when using a hunting bow would be incredibly useless?

It looks to be centered on the target. Either way it is very nice when it procs.

I've only used the Ranger, no experience with the Chanter or the Cipher proc.

If you are taking the Ranger along with you and you can't use the bow with your main, I can't see a reason not to have Sagani use it.

It looks to be centered on the target. Either way it is very nice when it procs.

If you are taking the Ranger along with you and you can't use the bow with your main, I can't see a reason not to have Sagani use it.

That makes the choice really easy then :p Ranger it is! I was tossing up between having Grieving Mother or Sagani use the bow (which would also determine who would stay in my party). Returning storm centered on target combined with twinned arrows and driving flight to increase proc chance just seems way too powerful to pass up though.

That makes the choice really easy then :p Ranger it is! I was tossing up between having Grieving Mother or Sagani use the bow (which would also determine who would stay in my party). Returning storm centered on target combined with twinned arrows and driving flight to increase proc chance just seems way too powerful to pass up though.

It is very powerful and a lot of fun. That said, I've got both of them in my party, GM equipped with Borresaine.

Just a quick question about the Soulbound hunting bow stormcaller before I lock it to a companion. For the ranger bonus with 10% chance to proc returning storm, is the returning storm template centered on the ranger or on the target hit? I'm worried that if it's the former, because the ranger has such long attack range, the proc won't be particularly useful as she won't be in range for returning storm to hit anything. As a related question, do multiple returning storms stack?

I guess a similar question would apply with regard to the cipher bonus for soul shock. I'm assuming the proc there is centered on the target hit given that triggering soul shock around the caster when using a hunting bow would be incredibly useless?

There is nothing useless about that bow.  That said, Sagani will make better use of it due to her ranger talents.

Here's my suggestion.  Put on a good set of headphones.  Turn them up.  Turn off any ambient lights.  Run headlong into a group of enemies.  Make sure Sagani shoots someone...anyone.  Feel that thunder echo down through your chest and belly.  Laugh heartily.  Be confident you made the right decision.

• Like 1

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha