I never got the Raedric Deat Guard Quest...

I dunno maybe its a bug; once i didn`t meet that frightened guard in a tavern in Twin Elms but then after i talked to the Stewart of Caed Nua she told me that the undead Raedric is awaiting  at his keep. The other time i met the frightened tit in the tavern and the quest appeared in my log. Alll that happened post 2.0 patch...

I have never gotten that quest by someone telling me something.  He always attacks my keep with an undead army.  I then talk to the Steward and get the quest.

Exactly. That's what I got too. The Stewart telling me of a threatening letter after the first attack.

Really? That's funny - in all my playthroughs (= a lot) it was the guy in the tavern in Twin Elms. Until now I didn't even know there are other ways to get that quest. I really would like to know what triggers these things.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Until now I didn't even know there are other ways to get that quest. I really would like to know what triggers these things.

+1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Really? That's funny - in all my playthroughs (= a lot) it was the guy in the tavern in Twin Elms. Until now I didn't even know there are other ways to get that quest. I really would like to know what triggers these things.

Same here.

I just dropped him at his keep on my potd toi playthrough. I look forward to the rematch. There's something satisfying about killing him twice.

The problem is, he disappears after some time if you don't talk to him.

It's the "Frightened Villager" in the south-west corner of the Celestial Sapling inn. Twin Elms Hearthsong district.

He isn't particularly easy to miss, but he doesn't wait there for a long time.