2.02 Aloth stays standing after KO (locks game)

Stepout

Question

I was fighting a bounty in Cliaban Rilag and Aloth gets KOd, only he doesn't fall to the ground.  He just stays standing, bouncing up and down like he's still fighting (also, healing and revive spells would not work on him).  He stayed that way even after the fight was finished.  I couldn't leave the area without him, and I couldn't try saving as it gave me the "cannot save while in combat" message.  In the attached pic, you can see him standing there while my party is leaving.  I attached the output log and my saves as well.  Don't know how well my saves make a difference since I couldn't save after it happened, but the quicksave is just before the fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjt9sspxscruc4l/Aloth_Zombie.zip?dl=0

6 answers to this question

I'm getting this bug all the time in my latest playthrough (but still on 2.01).  The thing is, my previous playthroughs were also 2.01 and this never happened.

Do you by any chance have IE Mod installed?  That's the only variable that's changed since my last playthough, so it may be the culprit.

I'm seeing this with some of Kana's summons, like the twin ogres.   They freeze and linger on the screen, but they do NOT lock up my game.  Last night I went down another level in the Endless paths, and they showed up there after being KO'ed in an earlier battle the previous level.

Exiting and reloading did get rid of them, so all was good.

This seems to happen sometimes when a character is knocked prone.  They don't fall to the ground (even if KO'd), they stop responding to any commands, and they remain "in combat" even after the battle is over.  They can still be damaged and healed.  It's impossible to share a save because you can't save when a character is like this.  The game still thinks you're in combat. 

If the game immediately launches into a post-combat cutscene you can then save afterwards, because combat ends, but the character is still stuck.  Loading the save then unsticks the character.  This happened to me in Raedric's keep.

Best way to reproduce might be to try to get your characters knocked prone.  I've had this bug happen with wolves, Raedric's knights, Ogre Matrons, and more enemies than I can remember.  It's happened with my Barbarian, Aloth, Pallegina, Durance, and probably most characters.