Ok Aloth as immediately killed by Readric (The Death Guard) Amazing fight

So I won the fight but with Aloth as a casualty (PoTD Trial of Iron).  He gets mind controlled pulls his weapon out and starts to melee my Paladin...as soon as he comes out of the mind control I try to get him out of the melee as he is not being engaged.  Readric casts what looks like Deprive the Unworthy......................well ITS NOT....I check the combat log TOUCH OF DEATH!!! It hit Aloth for 502 Corrode damage and instantly killed him....he was yellow in health but I know he had more health then that...even if he did not his armor should of blocked at least a bit of the Corrode damage....anyone ever seen Raedric cast this ability?????  It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Just like Deprive the Unworthy there is NO DEFENSE against it.  He hit Pallegina with it too but her Plate Armor absorbed a lot of the Corrode Damage.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

We got cced really hard at the start of the fight so I never got to cast it. Then he got fingered of deathed. St Yedwen is clutch in that fight. We were down 1 early and I gibbed 2 Fampyres ASAP.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Good night, sweet mage. May flights of huge damage numbers sing you to your rest, and may your next turn on the Wheel not end so abruptly.

On a mechanics note, 500-something damage is typical of a high-level character's *full* health. If Aloth was in the yellow going in, there was no way he was going to survive that.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

No, you should start the fight with arcane reflection, this way you wouldn't get mind controlled in the first place :p.

As for no save, sounds like a bug. Everything is supposed to have a save. Deprive the unworthy is a confirmed bug (should be will save). Thought it should be fixed by now.

No, you should start the fight with arcane reflection, this way you wouldn't get mind controlled in the first place :p.

As for no save, sounds like a bug. Everything is supposed to have a save. Deprive the unworthy is a confirmed bug (should be will save). Thought it should be fixed by now.

correct.

Have gun will travel.

Torm, did the game move your party in as a cutscene and thus prevent you from pulling?

Because that's a great way for the enemy to setup a full party aoe cc on you before you can do anything about it.

The wizard's buff makes him a clutch tank at times, given the spell reflection and what not. Although I don't know how many abilities it works on.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Torm, did the game move your party in as a cutscene and thus prevent you from pulling?

Because that's a great way for the enemy to setup a full party aoe cc on you before you can do anything about it.

The wizard's buff makes him a clutch tank at times, given the spell reflection and what not. Although I don't know how many abilities it works on.

Ya it does cause Readric talks to you..although I find that that type of pulling is a bit of a cheese tactic..but that's just me. 

Have gun will travel.

I was up against some of those greater rain blights that are immune to pierce. Given my cipher and my ranged were all using arquebuses and borresaine, that caused a minor issue when 4/6 people in the party got downed, ciphers couldn't regain focus, and I had to run and kite the entire enemy away, then work on them piece mean 1 by 1. Aloth in full plate was one of the last ones standing there and contributed most of the dps with the blights.

The downed people were in sight of the enemy once they rubber banded back, but two got up and that was enough to isolate the remainder once their endurance regened out of combat.

Playing as a slightly under level party makes such tactics more necessary, vs the brute force approach of charging.

Generally the issue with cutscenes is that it breaks my custom formations. It puts number 1 and 2 in the party first, instead of them being in the back. Since 1 and 2 were the ciphers, that caused some funny issues.

Edited by Ymarsakar
  • Like 1

I was up against some of those greater rain blights that are immune to pierce. Given my cipher and my ranged were all using arquebuses and borresaine, that caused a minor issue when 4/6 people in the party got downed, ciphers couldn't regain focus, and I had to run and kite the entire enemy away, then work on them piece mean 1 by 1. Aloth in full plate was one of the last ones standing there and contributed most of the dps with the blights.

The downed people were in sight of the enemy once they rubber banded back, but two got up and that was enough to isolate the remainder once their endurance regened out of combat.

Playing as a slightly under level party makes such tactics more necessary, vs the brute force approach of charging.

Generally the issue with cutscenes is that it breaks my custom formations. It puts number 1 and 2 in the party first, instead of them being in the back. Since 1 and 2 were the ciphers, that caused some funny issues.

No doubt.  And I am not saying that I never do that.  Kiting (in real life being a skirmisher ask any guerilla army in history and it works trust me) is an absolutely valid tactic and one I do with my Paladins party as he has Zealous Charge.

What I meant was in certain situations where my party would not have an opportunity to scout or is meeting a challenge like a duel (Readric's challenge) then I don't.

Have gun will travel.

No one has answered the question though.  Has anyone ever seen this Finger of Death spell from Readric?  I feel like they introduced it with 2.0 AI updates (where they use more spells).  Be cool if the Paladin version Deprive the Unworthy did fire Damage!  It be a little more useful then in just one fight.  Although I see enemy AI using a lot more buffs now since its more worth it after 2.0. 

Have gun will travel.

No. Maybe it's because I kill him so quickly. :p

No, seriously: he will eat a painful interdiction and a cc-ability at the beginning and get's pierced by six alpha strike shots and usually that's it. Never had problems with him. Only his charming fampyrs are annoing from time to time.

Now Arcane Dampener is really nice since the enemy gets heavily buffed when champions, priests or paladins are involved.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods