Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Farmer's Plight Quest bugged

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

sepulsolja

sepulsolja

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

Hi there fellas. Just would like to say this is still happening in 2017. Latest patch(3.06) still happening. I have both WMI&II installed. I actually went to Dyrford 1st and had started "Blood Legacy" and "A Farmer's Plight", but opted out to go try the WM expansions(&finished both) before going back to finish the Dyrford quests. Maybe this has something to do with it. 

Anyway don't know if Obsidian is still patching PoE still or just have moved on to Deadfire completely. Just wanted to let people know it's still happening

jaydee.2k

jaydee.2k

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Yeah this bug is still happening. Got it yesterday too. GOG Release 3.06, really annoying...

Khadonnis

Khadonnis

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I also still have this bug.  I love the game, the idea, don't get me wrong, but if this is the basis for your releases (not to mention the other problems), there is no way I can even consider buying the sequel, or other obsidian products.  C'mon, guys!  It's been years!

eargh

eargh

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just got this bug. I have a suspicion. Before i did the Farmers Plight, I attempted Siege of Craghodt. There, I saw kograk and went ahead to kill him, forgotten that he is involved in the Dryford quest. 

So when I got the quest, I got a message that the quest had been resolved. Going into korgrak cave though, i can see him and having same bug as everyone here. So, Obsidian, can you please either:

• remove korgrak from Craghodt so I dont need to kill him
  • or, find a suitable way to complete the quest when korgrak already dead

EDIT: My bad, it was not kograk in craghodt, it was Crothar. So the bug has nothing to do with WM

Edited by eargh, 16 February 2018 - 04:17 AM.

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3497 posts

I must say, I'm amazed that this is still not fixed. This has to be some kind of record low in bug-fixing.

Edit: I managed to work around it in ~1 hour whereas Obsidian hasn't fixed this in 3 ****ing years.

Save before entering the cave. Change the Global "b_Rumbald_Ogre_Attacked" from 1 to 0. Enter the cave, but do not move, instead, teleport into the Ogre Den using the Ctrl+J cheat key. This will circumnavigate the trigger at the start of the cave (which will move the quest state two steps as if you've already talked to Korgrak), and trigger the conversation with Korgrak.

Talk to him, then clear the dungeon backwards and proceed as normal.

Seriously though, how can you leave a major quest like this for 3 ****ing years?

Edited by Luckmann, 30 March 2018 - 11:49 AM.

• FinnAgainZero likes this

Sh1fter

Sh1fter

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

YUP got the exact same issue but mines slightly different. My save file is from before the bug appearing in whatever patch/update it appeared in.

Essentially I have the Ogre hired I just can't finish the quest as I havn't the correct dialogue options as I can only tell the farmer "I have killed the ogre I just don't have the head"

Is there a command to finish the quest? As That's all I really need, wouldn't mind having this quest finished for my save file import to Pillars 2.

FinnAgainZero

FinnAgainZero

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I'm having the same exact problem. I get into the cave and the quest updates and all the ogre will say is that we've got an arrangement. I haven't started any of the WM1 or 2 content. But I did do the level in Od Nua where I made peace with the ogre. 

Please patch this. 

FinnAgainZero

FinnAgainZero

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Change the Global "b_Rumbald_Ogre_Attacked" from 1 to 0. Enter the cave, but do not move, instead, teleport into the Ogre Den using the Ctrl+J cheat key. This will circumnavigate the trigger at the start of the cave (which will move the quest state two steps as if you've already talked to Korgrak), and trigger the conversation with Korgrak.

It sounds like you've figured out the glitch, could you possibly please explain how to do that? I'm not sure where to find that file, but I can open up a text editor once I figure out where the heck it is.

Optur

Optur

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Hey! 2019 here!

The bug is still reproducible in v3.7.0.1318 PX1 PX2 PX4 Origin.

This issue has four years of tracking. Please fix this as this is hell like annoying!

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
PC or console?

Optur

Optur