A Farmer's Plight Quest bugged

ClashFan

Question

I downloaded the latest beta patch this morning.  I entered the Cave in Dyrford Crossing.  Shortly after moving in there, the quest updated to say that I'd dealt with the Ogre and could return to Rumbald, though I had not done so yet!  Upon finding the ogre, I could not talk to him; he just says that "we have an understanding...."

In a couple of earlier playthroughs, I was able to complete this quest and hire the ogre for Caed Nua, but not this time.  Also, upon returning to Rumbold, the only option is to tell him that I have the ogre's head, which he doesn't believe, so the quest cannot be finished unless I kill the ogre and get its head.

I do have a save just prior to entering the cave.  Looks like entering the cave does a double update to the quest as if one had talked to the ogre but not offered to hire him.  So, I'll go back to the earlier save and skip the cave for now...

Change the Global "b_Rumbald_Ogre_Attacked" from 1 to 0. Enter the cave, but do not move, instead, teleport into the Ogre Den using the Ctrl+J cheat key. This will circumnavigate the trigger at the start of the cave (which will move the quest state two steps as if you've already talked to Korgrak), and trigger the conversation with Korgrak.

It sounds like you've figured out the glitch, could you possibly please explain how to do that? I'm not sure where to find that file, but I can open up a text editor once I figure out where the heck it is.

Hi,

Have you got any progress on this bug? It affects the gameplay and story what in its turn screws the experience from the game.

I would really appreciate if you could update the status.

Thank you

On 4/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, Optur said:

Hey! 2019 here!

The bug is still reproducible in v3.7.0.1318 PX1 PX2 PX4 Origin.

This issue has four years of tracking. Please fix this as this is hell like annoying!

2020 and it’s still an issue. I got as far as Caed Nua level 7 or 8 (well past the ogre level), did the Act I defiance bay quests, went to Dyrford, can’t talk to the ogre at all, he just says we have an arrangement. Have both WM I and II, not interested in using command console because that deactivates the achievements. Playing on steam on a Mac Book