2nd Fight against Doemenels?

In none of my games I even talked to the Doemenels. I always sided against them.

And it was always like this:

I accept Verzano's quest "At all costs". Pallegina appears, says her lines, I respond "I intend to protect him", Pallegina answers "do as you will" and leaves.

I go to Goose and Fox, deliver the package and fight the thugs, led by Danna. Danna dies, I win.

I go back to Ondra's Gift, talk to the merchant, Pallegina appears, says her lines again and leaves.

2nd squad of Doemenel's thugs appear, I fight, merchant is thankful and gives me the pistol as reward.

Now, in a new game the last part was missing. After Pallegina left, I could just tell the guy, that Danna is dead, he gives me the pistol and runs away.

Question: A new bug or a change of the story?

Fighting them twice was originally a bug. If you killed danna at the in she shouldn't show up again. Well she did..that was a bug. If you noticed in your previous games that second group of thugs actually had Danna in it. Now if you kill her first she stays dead.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I didn't even know you could fight her at the Fox and Goose, the option never seemed to come up despite my attempts at agitation.  Maybe I just ain't a good agitator. :D

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I didn't even know you could fight her at the Fox and Goose, the option never seemed to come up despite my attempts at agitation.  Maybe I just ain't a good agitator. :D

It's something along the lines of, "How about I just kill you here, instead?"

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Fighting them twice was originally a bug. If you killed danna at the in she shouldn't show up again. Well she did..that was a bug. If you noticed in your previous games that second group of thugs actually had Danna in it. Now if you kill her first she stays dead.

Oh? I never cared, because I thought this is kind of a revenge or the like.

But ok, anything seems to be right. Thx :)

Oh I don't know about that. I think you are selling yourself short :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Erm. I'm still getting this bug, or something like it. I fought them in the bar, killed them, even got a journal note saying something about 'I can tell him that he doesn't need to worry about them'... but when I go to speak to him, I get the dialogue for the second fight, and Dana spawns again; only this time she's marked friendly and nothing initiates combat or allows quest progression. Talking to her she tells me not to feel sorry for him - even though he's still alive - and talking to him just takes dialogue back as if I'd never been to the inn. 

Any advice? I've tried all the conversation options - including attempting to kill him myself - and the result is always the same - the thugs spawn with Dana, all as friendly NPCs and nothing happens and dialogue is in the wrong place.

Now, unfortunately, I started this quest a while back, as I tend to do quests area by area, and hadn't got back to the Gift in over 30 days, so it would be difficult to reload and make a different decision on the quest, but multiple attempts at reloading for this conversation have no luck.

EDIT: Found a way round it, if unsatisfying - I can steal from an item nearby while everyone is there to make the Valians attack me, thereby letting me kill him for a quest completion. However, despite the congratulations that Dana gives me - and a recommendation that sticks for getting a job from the House - my journal lists that both she and the man died in the warehouse, even if her brother seems to think otherwise. 

Also means I get the pistol that I presume is the quest reward he's meant to give me. On the downside, no sign of the paladin, so no idea if I was meant to end up with her or not. Also took a hit to Defiance Bay reputation by stealing and getting caught. That and seriously crossed wires between my journal entry, what actually happened and the survivor's tales. Definately looks like it needs a little error solving.

Edited by Blackvision

That's odd.  What patch are you playing on?  I have never had something that crazy happen to me in that quest .  Is it upgraded from a previous patch? are you playing on GoG?  Post this issue on the bug forums.

Have gun will travel.

Yeah. playing on gog, so should be fully up-to-date. No sign of the Palladin afterwards. Trying a new game to see if anything similar happens this time - and since I want to try some alternative quest approaches anyway. Rather surprised me as the rest of the game has been flawless so far.

Also have the expansion, though I wouldn't have thought it would affect this quest. 

Don't forget there's also a lover of Danna's who may attack you after you defeat her. If you slay her in the merchant's shop, he may come after you later (and that could be confused with a second attack).

On a similar note, though -- I've actually stormed House Doemenal and slaughtered all of them on a different character, just because they'd caused so much annoyance that I decided the city was better off without them -- no consequences so far.

Is *that* a bug? After Danna's man comes after me just for killing her (in a battle she started, no less) I figured there'd be some story event or consequential event, but so far nothing has changed. Is the city better off? Is there ever any actual result? Just curious.

As far as I'm aware, I just set the game to auto-update, so unless that's messed up somewhere, wouldn't have imagined it'd have a problem. However, I have encountered a few oddities in other areas, so it's possible (my rogue now can't be seen or attacked directly by mobs at all anymore, seeming to have a permanent Shadowing Beyond applied) - will try a reinstall and see how that works out.

As for the second attack, no, it was definitely led by Dana in both the bar and the shop despite me killing her the first time. The second she didn't attack at all or go hostile, and the only working method to finish it at all was to kill the shop guards and owner.

I did manage to get the paladin, but it took several reloads and reattempts until she spawned outside afterwards, though what made her appear that time, I've no idea. There was no difference between my actions in these attempts (mostly as I had no option on what to try)

I'd report this in the bugs section.  share a link of your saved game with Dropbox.  Also an output log through Dropbox.  This has never happened to me but you never know.

Have gun will travel.

Loks like it was something to do with the patching in gog. Reinstalled and it solved a whole bunch of issues I'd been having. Won't know if it solves this problem until I go over the area again on a new char, which is a little while off yet, but I expect it to do so. Will do a bug report with full save updates etc as son as allowed to do so on the forum.

Loks like it was something to do with the patching in gog. Reinstalled and it solved a whole bunch of issues I'd been having. Won't know if it solves this problem until I go over the area again on a new char, which is a little while off yet, but I expect it to do so. Will do a bug report with full save updates etc as son as allowed to do so on the forum.

Ya I am on these forums far too much and have seen a bunch of REALLY ODD issues that no one else has and its always the GoG guys/gals for some reason.

Have gun will travel.