Soulbound weapons.. SPOILERS!

SPOILERS!

A little disappointed with the Soulbound weapons..

St Ydwen's Redeemer is more for a Paladin than a Barbarian (which my character is).. why would a barbarian stop killing to cast Revive ?

My Rogue uses a hunting bow and couldn't use Stormcaller because it can only be used by rangers, chanters, and ciphers

And no Knife or Stiletto Soulbound weapons for a rogue - only a mace. Maybe in White March II ?

I really think this should be changed so any character can use a Soulbound weapon...

(Obviously going to be spoilers here too)

Yeah, my ranger is built to use slow weapons like arquebuses and arbalests, the bow is very restrictive in the type of rangers it can be used with as well.  The staff also doesn't go with a implement-focused mage (and it was part of the reason why I started the thread on whether mages were intended to have an affinity with staves), though I'm thinking that will be solved with the addition of implement version in WM 2 (I get the feeling they were just making sure every class were covered in part 1 with a limited number of weapons they could get made in time).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I, on the other hand, am fine with soulbound being class limited as they are optional alternatives to other great weapons. I also think the world - or at least the small portion of it that constitutes internet message boards - would be a better place if more people:

1) Search the forums to see if their new topic is already being discussed or has been discussed recently before posting a new topic.

2) Use descriptive thread titles; I understand why you might not, because it would constitute a spoiler, and the forum you are posting in isn't for spoilers.

3) Address issue #2 by posting spoiler threads in the forums marked for spoilers, not in forums that are explicitly marked: NO SPOILERS.

(Which just goes to show how old-fashioned I am, I guess.)

EDIT: Thread relocation from General to Stories subforum has now taken place.

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 3

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Yeah, I better add that I'm fine with them being class-specific, just that the current options feel a bit limiting in who would benefit from them.  I also agree this should have been posted in one of the spoiler forums instead of the no spoiler forum, I was just replying to the topic while it was here and didn't want to bring up the issue of spoilers again after feeling that I dealt with the last issue of spoilers badly in a previous thread so thought to leave it to better minds. :)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I'm a bit annoyed because of the 2-HDers.

Aren't there enough really good estocs and great-swords in the game?

I like my sword & board types, so I'd really prefer the good stuff for their style

(I am aware, that there are good 1-HD weapons in abundance, just no soulbound ones except a certain mace).

St Ydwen's Redeemer is more for a Paladin than a Barbarian (which my character is).. why would a barbarian stop killing to cast Revive ?

The ironic part is that Revive from St Ydwen's Redeemer doesn't really work (unless 2.02 beta fixed it.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So it seems like from these posts.. that a sword, wand/rod, gun, knife and stiletto are needed as Soulbound weapons

* also... didn't know there was a spoiler section on the forums!  All I can see are ...

Announcements

General

Stories

Characters

Technical

Backers

Edited by maglalosus

A soulbound pollaxe would also be rad. There aren't many good enchanted pollaxes in the game.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So it seems like from these posts.. that a sword, wand/rod, gun, knife and stiletto are needed as Soulbound weapons

* also... didn't know there was a spoiler section on the forums!  All I can see are ...

Announcements

General

Stories

Characters

Technical

Backers

Interesting; What are you using to view the forum?

Whatever the case, both on my stationary and my mobile the forums are marked as follows, so I assumed that was what everybody saw:

General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Stories (Spoiler Warning!)

Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unity Engine (Spoiler Warning!)

Technical Support (Spoiler Warning!)

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

(Obviously going to be spoilers here too)

Yeah, my ranger is built to use slow weapons like arquebuses and arbalests, the bow is very restrictive in the type of rangers it can be used with as well. 

First time I did White March, I ended up completely respeccing my Ranger 90% of the way through the game to become a twinned arrows/stormcaller user, rather than quick switch/arquebus user.   It was worth it and the game lets you do it, but it is a fairly jarring change in style.

Announcements

General

Stories

Characters

Technical

Backers

Interesting; What are you using to view the forum?

Whatever the case, both on my stationary and my mobile the forums are marked as follows, so I assumed that was what everybody saw:

General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Stories (Spoiler Warning!)

Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unity Engine (Spoiler Warning!)

Technical Support (Spoiler Warning!)

Yes but this isn't a story, character, strategy or technical... so where do I put weapons apart from here? Perhaps they should make a separate weapon section ?

^ I think most threads on soulbound weapons were in the stories section, but the characters section would do too.

SPOILERS!

A little disappointed with the Soulbound weapons..

My Rogue uses a hunting bow and couldn't use Stormcaller because it can only be used by rangers, chanters, and ciphers

And no Knife or Stiletto Soulbound weapons for a rogue - only a mace. Maybe in White March II ?

I really think this should be changed so any character can use a Soulbound weapon...

My only problem lies with Stormcaller. I gave it to GM, since it doesn't make sense with Kana and I hardly use Sagani, apart of her mission. What I really would have loved to do, was giving it to the devil.

The Redeemer is with Eder and the Grey Sleeper with Pallegina and they suit them just fine.

Edited by abaris

Stormcaller is actually very good on a Cipher!

I have Stormcaller on my ranger (who is a fast weapons and wolf pet sort of girl) and it works very well.  I'm historically NOT happy with guns in games like this, and the fact that they went out of the way to make them slow and clunky (not saying their real world versions weren't - they were) makes it even worse for me.  So it's bows all the way - and when I finally do find an exceptional arbalest (also slow and clunky - again, not that they weren't IRL) it usually goes to the druid who's supposed to be in the back line and sometimes she even stays there....