Injured wolf in Russetwood cannot be saved with Resolve check

junki

Question

Funny thing is, on my first WM playthrough, I successfully pulled the arrow out of the wolf after using the resolve check. On this playthrough, using the resolve check has no effect whatsoever on pulling the arrow out (the wolf turns hostile).

Saved game download here. The party is parked right by the injured wolf in question.

8 answers to this question

Hello junki,

This is not a bug. There is a 2 step process and the Resolve check is to calm the wolf down. After that you must have either a chanter, Eder, or Field Triage to take the arrow out successfully and not have the White Wolf go hostile.

Thank you for your support!

With ".... must have a chanter..." do you mean

1) The main must be one

2) There must be one in the party?

Am I right if I say, that the field triage must also be on main and not just on someone else in the party?

Hello junki,

This is not a bug. There is a 2 step process and the Resolve check is to calm the wolf down. After that you must have either a chanter, Eder, or Field Triage to take the arrow out successfully and not have the White Wolf go hostile.

Thank you for your support!

Thanks for the response. I'm not saying you're wrong, but on my previous playthrough, my main character was a Monk, and he successfully saved the wolf by using Resolve to calm it first.

Having Kana (Chanter) or Eder in the party has no effect on the outcome of pulling the arrow out (just tried with the linked save).

Bumping this, because the Resolve option doesn't resolve the situation, no mater if Eder is present or not. Eder does react if you use the Field Triage option though.

First you need to calm the wolf, that is what the resolve option does. Then you need someone to remove the arrow without killing the wolf. Not sure why they said Eder works, for me it was Sagani.