NHL 2015-2016 (The Panthers Stanley Cup Season)

Guard Dog

All teams have training camps going and the season starts in two weeks.

But let's start on a lighter note: http://news.yahoo.com/model-tries-extort-2-000-194420873.html

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Jagr rocks.  My first helmet was a Joffa because that was what Jagr wore.

I am a bit more excited about the Sharks this season than I have been in the past.  Still think they need to ditch Wilson as a GM, but hopefully I can just enjoy watching Thornton play the game.

• Like 1

And if you can believe it, the story then got even weirder. After the woman let the photo get out, reports indicated that she is actually the one with everything to lose. She is reportedly dating Czech hockey prospect Domink Rudl—who has credited Jagr with being his idol

I'm guessing not so much now :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What do you guys think of 3 on 3 OT? Personally I wish they would just go back to a single 5 min OT and if it ends in a tie it ends in a tie.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I agree. i never thoguht there was anything wrong with RS ties. And, 3 on 3 is even dumber than before.   Hockey is supposed to eb 5 on 5. 3 on 3 is so pick up trash hockey played by a  some drink friends. L0L

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jagr rocks.  My first helmet was a Joffa because that was what Jagr wore.

I am a bit more excited about the Sharks this season than I have been in the past.  Still think they need to ditch Wilson as a GM, but hopefully I can just enjoy watching Thornton play the game.

Enjoy Pete Deboer. He's a good coach, but has trust issues with young players. I would be a little scared for Hertl.

• Like 1

Today I bought two ticket to see the Panthers play the Preds in Nashville on 12/3. It will likely be the only game I go to so I wanted glass side seats. Had to settle for blue line 3rd row. Still not bad.

Prediction: I will be the only one wearing a Panthers jersey that night. And I'm bringing a plastic rat, just in case.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

That's funny considering they spit in this face and fart on his balls as they threw him in the trash for an overrated goalie who has made them worse. So much so he felt the need to go beg for a job with St. Louis. ST LOUIS.

That's funny considering they spit in this face and fart on his balls as they threw him in the trash for an overrated goalie who has made them worse. So much so he felt the need to go beg for a job with St. Louis. ST LOUIS.

......................................................................................................ok 

The Panthers have looked good so far. They thumped the Flyers at home and played them tight in Philly and a playing real well at Carolina.

Thomas Sowell

Went to see Devils/Rangers at MSG today. 3v3 OT is gimmicky, but it certainly is exciting. Nice to see the Devils pick up their first win against a rival.

Also very strange/awesome to see Kyle Palmieri scrapping at center ice of the Garden. I played on a team with him when I was 13 or 14. 

• Like 1

Panthers face the Blackhawks tonight. I'll be on the porch with the game on my XM radio. Give 'em hell cats!

Thomas Sowell

damn, devils have actually played really well lately. 7 points out of a possible 8 in the last 4 games. Only loss came in a SO to San Jose who is pretty dirty. Beat the Rangers, Coyotes, and then pulled back to tie the game/win in SO after being down 4-2 with 6 minutes left. 

we're probably not going to the playoffs but I'm glad to see we aren't getting absolutely wrecked every night. could be a fun season if we're at least in the wildcard conversation for most of it. 

Tough loss for the Cats last night. The 'hawks are hard enough to beat straight up. Even harder when you spend most of the game on PK. The road doesn't get any easier. Cats play in Dallas tomorrow.

Thomas Sowell

Jagr just proves how dumb luck the Rangers got getting Lundqvist because their ability to figure out players is stupid. LMFAO Telling Jagr they wouldn't give him a multi year deal b/c he wouldn't last more than a season... that was a decade ago.

And, IIRC, a lot of yahoos actually agreed with the Rangers brass. MORANS.

I. AM. PROVEN. CORRECT. AGAIN.

:) :) :)

Well I for one am grateful they did. Jagr's impact on the Panthers cannot be overstated. And not just the goals and assists. He has been a positive influence on our young players like Ekbald & Huberdeau.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Well I for one am grateful they did. Jagr's impact on the Panthers cannot be overstated. And not just the goals and assists. He has been a positive influence on our young players like Ekbald & Huberdeau.

Jagr is still one of the most talented players in the league. I don't think he's very far off from when he put up 67 points for the Devils 2 seasons ago. Use him correctly, keep him healthy, and I think he could match those totals this year.

I hope so because he has rejuvenated the Panthers brand. With years of bad play and indifferent ownership the Panthers future in South Florida was very much in doubt even though they had a sweetheart lease in a new arena. But with Jagr in town attendance is creeping back up, people are excited about the team again and the wins are coming back. Four or five years down the road we may look back at signing Jagr as the move that saved the franchise.

Thomas Sowell