Wow. 2.02 beta really outdid itself...

LaSpeakeasi

Question

So I eagerly loaded up my save to see if they fixed any of the many, many game-breaking bugs that 2.01 introduced. You know, like the super secret end-game item that teases you with unique spells that erase themselves. And the rogue party AI that ignore your orders and run around arms in the air.

And the very first time I loaded that save, my 6 characters were opposite sides of the dungeon. The patch sent half of my party all the way back to the entrance.

A new bug. A. NEW. BEAUTIFUL. BUG. Another patch, another one.

Bravo. Obsidian. You wasted no time at all. Just bravo.

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

So I eagerly loaded up my save to see if they fixed any of the many, many game-breaking bugs that 2.01 introduced. You know, like the super secret end-game item that teases you with unique spells that erase themselves. And the rogue party AI that ignore your orders and run around arms in the air.

And the very first time I loaded that save, my 6 characters were opposite sides of the dungeon. The patch sent half of my party all the way back to the entrance.

Care for some cheese to go with that whine? :biggrin:

i don't even know what this post is saying

Nothing, really, it wouldn't be the internet without whining.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Ive been saying this for months.

The bugs are out of control and has been since day 1. Obsidian just cant get it playable.

Never again an obsidian bugfest

• Like 1

It's also a beta patch for a reason. Lastly who cares if your party is at the entrance of the dungeon. You run back in no? I don't understand.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 3

Have gun will travel.

I've never had bugs this bad. Ever. UI bugs yes. Abilities not working properly yes but nothing to this magnitude. Also since day 1 I haven't had a CTD. Maybe im.lucky .

Uh you must not play a lot of pc games, or only play the newer ones after they have had a patch or two.  I remember back in the real days of bugs having games that were sold totally unplayable with multiple CTD bugs, balance issues, launch problems, multiple fail state no recovery bugs.  If Eternity is the buggiest game you have ever played you are doing really well on the buggy games front.

• Like 3

I've never had bugs this bad. Ever. UI bugs yes. Abilities not working properly yes but nothing to this magnitude. Also since day 1 I haven't had a CTD. Maybe im.lucky .

Uh you must not play a lot of pc games, or only play the newer ones after they have had a patch or two.  I remember back in the real days of bugs having games that were sold totally unplayable with multiple CTD bugs, balance issues, launch problems, multiple fail state no recovery bugs.  If Eternity is the buggiest game you have ever played you are doing really well on the buggy games front.

Oh dude I have definitely run into game breaking bugs.  Just not in PoE specifically.  I have shamefully logged over 500 hours and have not encountered game breaking bugs.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Ive been saying this for months.

The bugs are out of control and has been since day 1. Obsidian just cant get it playable.

Never again an obsidian bugfest

What a ridiculous nonsense :banghead:

Perhaps you should upgrade your 386 to something more.... common and not blame the manufacturer for deficits on your side?

Edited by AnjyBelle
  • Like 2

Ya not sure.  I can safely say that the patches before 2.1 I thought were very satfisfactory and its a stable game at least in my experience.  But 2.01 was bad.  2.02 seems very good they fixed a lot the only issue I have found so far is Textures missing for Ogre Clubs and Xaurip Champion Spears.  Its in beta so that's an easy fix.

Have gun will travel.