Will 2.01 saves still be good for 2.02 update ?

I'm getting ready to install and play this game for the first time and was just

wondering are the patches that are coming out 2.02 , etc.. compatible with

version 2.0 or 2.01  ?

I hate to start game tomorrow with 2.01 and in a week or two have 2.02 come

out and mess up the saves and have to start over .

thanks for any replies .......

Well, so far, my older saves have been fine with 2.01 and WM 2.01.  I loaded up some older ones today just to make sure I didn't really want or need to keep them, and as far as I can tell they were fine.  Then I deleted about 3 gigs of them.

Well they supposedly do. But the game is barely functional as of now so promises that it will work means very little...

Um.  I'm not having any issues at all playing the game.  It works extremely well, with only a little slowdown loading as I get more save games (I probably keep way too many saves - last playthrough is over 600....), but it's not nearly as bad as other games I played in years past.  I guess maybe I don't know what you mean about "barely functional"?  This game works so much better on my antique system than I could ever have hoped for, and certainly than I expected when I bought it!

Well they supposedly do. But the game is barely functional as of now so promises that it will work means very little...

Um.  I'm not having any issues at all playing the game.  It works extremely well, with only a little slowdown loading as I get more save games (I probably keep way too many saves - last playthrough is over 600....), but it's not nearly as bad as other games I played in years past.  I guess maybe I don't know what you mean about "barely functional"?  This game works so much better on my antique system than I could ever have hoped for, and certainly than I expected when I bought it!

The game is not even in no way barely functional.  It has its issues.  However it plays fine and I have so far not found anything that is game breaking or even bugged out.  Played it twice now.

Functionally the only thing I have issue with is this totally random and sporadic save/load issue.  Sometimes my loads are very fast.  Other times I get 3 or 4 hangs where it doesn't even seem to be using my cpu at all.

My assumption is the 2.01 saves will still be fine in 2.02.

Edited by sapientNode