Update 2.02 Beta is Live

ah cool, what is the beta for? I just started playing the game a few days ago you see, s it for the next piece of DLC?

It is a beta for our next Update (2.02). The Update will fix issues with the expansion pack and the base game.

• Like 1

ah cool. well as I'm only just starting out probs not for me right now. Love the game though. Haven't gotten to the expansion yet.

You know how it has "leads" for the expansion, does this automatically start to fill up after a point along the main questline or something? also what is the best sort of level to do the dlc?

I know there is probably a place to be asking this but as we're both already here, it's something I've been wondering about! haha.

ah cool. well as I'm only just starting out probs not for me right now. Love the game though. Haven't gotten to the expansion yet.

You know how it has "leads" for the expansion, does this automatically start to fill up after a point along the main questline or something? also what is the best sort of level to do the dlc?

I know there is probably a place to be asking this but as we're both already here, it's something I've been wondering about! haha.

the dlc is accesible after you complete a certain part of the main quest, and it has the option to scale to the level of your partys level

Update 2.02 (Build 745) beta is now live for Steam users. To view the update notes, please go here.

If you would like to participate in the beta, please read the instructions in this thread.

Have fun!

• A party member using a movement speed modifying item now should walk at the same speed as the rest of the party outside of combat.

They walked at the same speed as the rest of the party in the previous version, if you had the entire party selected. What was wrong with keeping it like that?
Edited by Infinitron

They walked at the same speed as the rest of the party in the previous version, if you had the entire party selected. What was wrong with keeping it like that?

Not for me. Got one guy with boots of speed and he's always legging it away from everyone.

• Like 2

I love the fact that Obsidian is still patching the game and working on improvements, but seriously, your patch notes are a disgrace. Is it that you don't believe people want to read complete patch notes? "We fixed lots of other stuff in addition to the few things we could be bothered to list, honest!".

Please, pretty please, give us a full changelog. I don't want to have to guess if something's been dealt with or if I still have to keep an eye out for it.

• Like 1

Not for me. Got one guy with boots of speed and he's always legging it away from everyone.

Yeah, not for me either.  Which made the two pairs of Boots of Speed very annoying to mess with, so I never bothered with them after.

Update 2.02 (Build 745) beta is now live for Steam users. To view the update notes, please go here.

If you would like to participate in the beta, please read the instructions in this thread.

Have fun!

• A party member using a movement speed modifying item now should walk at the same speed as the rest of the party outside of combat.

No, they didn't. Not in my game. There was a massive issue with (never can remember the name of that armor) Brekker or something. All red and shiny. If some party member donned it, they were way ahead of the rest of the crew. And there's a pretty cool piece of armor you get at Stalwart, slowing you down. And by slowing down, I mean slowing down. I gave it to Pallegina and the crew had to wait for her to catch up.

If that got fixed, these items may actually have some use.

Me too!

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Could someone with the beta patch check whether these were fixed?

• Weapon "Speed" enchantment doesn't work (was fixed in 2.0 and broken again in 2.01)
  • Soulbound weapons don't register kills to unlock the next level
  • Monk multi-class talent does not apply to Druid's Spiritshift form

Thanks!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• Weapon "Speed" enchantment doesn't work (was fixed in 2.0 and broken again in 2.01)

Well one guy made a thread about this a while ago on 2.01 so I tested it on 2.01 myself with the arbalest, war bow, and scepter that had speed mods all of which were working faster compared to companions with normal variants with the same dex. Then again for every patch I make a new game so perhaps it broke on older save games.

Edited by Dinky Dino
  • Like 1

Have fun!

No, they didn't. Not in my game. There was a massive issue with (never can remember the name of that armor) Brekker or something. All red and shiny. If some party member donned it, they were way ahead of the rest of the crew. And there's a pretty cool piece of armor you get at Stalwart, slowing you down. And by slowing down, I mean slowing down. I gave it to Pallegina and the crew had to wait for her to catch up.

If that got fixed, these items may actually have some use.

Do you not see that it says -1 movement speed on the armor? Being slow is part of the deal with that armor. There is nothing to fix with that. Read the item description.  Really frustrating when people ask for FIXES (yes some are definitely needed) to things that are working PROPERLY but they don't like it.  -1 Movement speed is a LOT just like +1 is.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Could someone with the beta patch check whether these were fixed?

• Soulbound weapons don't register kills to unlock the next level
  • Monk multi-class talent does not apply to Druid's Spiritshift form

Thanks!

2.02 is the first time I use St Ydwen.  So far it is registering the damage I do (just got it its at 614/1000).  I have not fought in spirits yet as I just got the weapon.

Have gun will travel.