COUNCIL OF STARS Game Breaker

kinead

Question

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150715-0600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/07/14 17:25:35 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16284MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

It goes like this I cannot complete the Council of Stars quest. Everything at some point just refreshed, all the levels of Od Nua, all the old quests, everyone just reappeared and now I cannot finish this quest. I go back to the temple and cannot activate the Berath shrine after taking care of the two people from the quest, Twice now as everyone just reappeared in the whole game, everything I previously did is back, even Maerwald's sitting in Od Nua level 1.

This is horrible as it reminds me of the Gamebreaking glitch in Never Winter Nights 2, which was developed by Obsidian, whats the matter, guys, can't you make an RP you can actually complete the main quest for? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! To make the main quest line not bugged to **** the point of it ruining your whole game 50+ hours in? I Really enjoyed this game thus far but if this messed my save up to the point of being unable to recover, I'm going to fight tooth and nail to get a refund because this is complete bull****. I defend you all the time Obsidian when people talk down about you, and I say oh they're like my favorite studio, but you do this? AGAIN!? After Neverwinter nights 2, I cannot believe people are not bashing this game for having bugs that would completely render your save useless. 

6 answers to this question

I know its frustrating dude this sounds like a MASSIVE bug.  If you want them to help you you need to post a link to dropbox with your saved game.  Also your output log.  Instructions are at the top of this section in the forums.

Secondly, are you running any mods and did you upgrade this existing game from an old patch.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

This could also be an error caused by RAID or cloud-sync gone wrong. [There are some real horror stories about RAID gone wrong...] Maybe Steam is at fault, and it overwrote part of your save? If you're using Steam you may want to Google how to recover older saves from it, it may still be doable.

• Like 1

Hello kinead,

I can understand your frustration and apologize for the issue you are experiencing. I'll do the best I can to help resolve this issue. As Torm has suggested, could you please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox so I can take a closer look? You can find the location of those files in the link in my signature. 

Do you have any mods installed? Is Steam Cloud activated? Is there an older save you can check to see if that one is corrupted (one before you killed the two people)?

Thank you for your support and patience. 

• Like 1

First, let me say thank you, thank you, thank you for all the responses! Here's the requested information, all at this drop box link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dacax4otxfsg8pr/AADqzKIBu98WqL0ENOCE5rPha?dl=0   The Save games are as follows, the auto save is when I believe it first started occurring. The Caed Nua save was a bit older, before this started but with the quest still active, I noticed it wasn't occurring or I believe it not to be because the map for Endless depths didn't refresh yet. The " T " location save is while this is occurring, after killing the NPCs twice, trying to finish the quest. 

Hello kinead,

I have loaded your saves and saw the one that was halting your progression. However, I did load up your other save you provide in Cad Nua. I killed the Ovate leader and I was able to complete the quest. We currently have a bug in the system and I have added your information to it. So please load up that older save and redo the quest, you should be able to complete the quest with no problems. 

If it happens again, please write down exactly what steps and dialogue options you took when you speak with the Ovate druids.

Thank you for your support.