Hi all. Just wondering if a Druid would benefit from the perception/accuracy buff recently. Has it changed their ideal stats at all - is it worth raising or not? I'm also not entirely clear on how accuracy works with spells. Does it work off your equipped weapons accuracy, if so I'd presume using a spear would help? Or does your spell casting just work off your base accuracy?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Ah ok, so it's not really worth raising perception by a couple of points then. Maybe if I was a bit more of a min/maxer...

Thanks

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Well, I wasn't really thinking of dumping it, I normally leave it at 10 for a Druid. I was just wondering if it's worth pumping up to the 12-14 range. Still not sure, it seems like diminishing returns for a Druid, in the beginning it makes quite a large difference to their accuracy, but at higher levels the 2-4 extra points doesn't seem that useful?

Lord of Light

Now for my casters I find myself dumping resolve and maxing perception even if I have to sacrifie 3 points of might as well from 18 to 15 might instead. Since druid has some really nice cc and since a caster's main advantage is strong aoe cc/nukes you really want to make sure those spells will land on target so maxing perception for me is the way to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perception is very useful for druids. Entangle and any long lasting spells that will constantly hit your opponents benefits from interrupt as well as accuracy. That means, in addition to your spells hitting enemies repeatedly over time, each time they do hit they will have a chance to interrupt anything your enemies are doing,thus increasing your effectiveness as a crowd controller.

The druid's spells like aoe hazards and lightning, hit often, which cancels out issues where one big mega spell does half damage due to a graze because it was 2 points off from a hit roll. You'll get a lot more benefit from debuffing defenses by -10 to -40 vs bumping accuracy up 5 points, for example. On the other hand, you can use the perception for interrupts, like the wizard does with the wall of fire.

The aoe hazards that cast fast like hobble, also interrupts.

Edited by Ymarsakar

What about for ciphers?

Perception is important for anyone who needs to hit a target. You can't have too much unless you get to where your accuracy is 100 points higher than their defense and you automatically crit with every attack or spell.

I'd say having a good accuracy is more important for a Cipher than for the Vancian casters. A Druid or Wizard who misses with a spell can just cast another, they'll have twenty more spells ready to fire. A Cipher who misses with a power is out of focus and needs to attack with weapons to regain, a Cipher who misses with an attack gets no focus and can't cast until they do.

A CC effect that crits gets a 50% increase in duration, that's like having an extra 10 stat points of intellect.

For me I'd make Perception my highest stat on a Cipher.

• Like 1

The ciphers benefit a lot from the 3 offensive abilities, might, per, and dex.

Dex applies more to some builds, like gunners, although they still apply to Persistence shortbow or warbow builds too.

Might and per is pretty good together. They multiply each other's benefit, for the cipher due to the way the class gains focus and spends it. Dex's effects are felt in longer fights or when casting long duration spells more.

The only class I have ever really dumped perception on was a potd toi darcozzi paladin. Stats were along these lines:

Max might

Max con

Min dex

Min per

Max dex

Max res

Early on the reflex saves were low but the deflection-reflex bonus from sword and shield style kinda made up for it. And items with bonuses to reflex saves. After a while said paladin had average saves and functioned really well as a tank/buffer/healer. Sure, they were useless in melee but thats why I had a damage dealing tank in my fighter and 3 dd casters in a chanter, druid and cipher.