please allow separatation of characters...

Maybe we can have a patch or someone can make a mod that allows me to separate my characters to different rooms or screens.

I don't get why my entire party has to follow my rogue around a house to steal things.. I take her upstairs and the rest of my group has to come to?

I don't like this. If someone knows a way to fix this please let me know thank you.

Well, unlike the Fire Godlike's racial, Nature's isn't so special I would devote any really effort to making and keeping it active. Just have fun hitting things and having some tree for a mommy.

Man I thought I was picky. I'd hate to be a developer.

I was in the Marines and im telling you I'd never go In to a possibly hostile separate room by myself. Think of them as pulling rear security while you rob the place. Jeeeeeez.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Maybe we can have a patch or someone can make a mod that allows me to separate my characters to different rooms or screens.

I don't get why my entire party has to follow my rogue around a house to steal things.. I take her upstairs and the rest of my group has to come to?

I don't like this. If someone knows a way to fix this please let me know thank you.

This is something they're planning on doing in the sequel.  Like gkathellar said, it's not possible in the current engine.

There have been a few times I've rolled my eyes at the fact that everyone trails along, but by and large, it's just part of the process.  I don't get exercised about it - and as Torm points out, a rear guard is not a bad idea at all!

I never got why a rogue would go in alone, maybe slightly ahead if they are a greater stealthier (though in Pillars other characters can be just as good at it if they put the points in).  You'd want your back up in range if it goes **** up, and an adventuring party really does make sense more if you treat them like a medieval special ops team: they all ninj in, then a couple keeps watch while another picks the lock.  Stealth helps a whole party to get into position before they unleash their attacks.  Sending someone into a dangerous place alone never really made much sense to me.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I never got why a rogue would go in alone, maybe slightly ahead if they are a greater stealthier (though in Pillars other characters can be just as good at it if they put the points in).  You'd want your back up in range if it goes **** up, and an adventuring party really does make sense more if you treat them like a medieval special ops team: they all ninj in, then a couple keeps watch while another picks the lock.  Stealth helps a whole party to get into position before they unleash their attacks.  Sending someone into a dangerous place alone never really made much sense to me.

I agree for the most part altho there may be some times when you might want to do so for RP reasons - In BG for instance Imoen might sneak away and work on her pilfering skills while not under the watchful eye of her Paladin party leader who frowns on such behavior or then there's Kahlid who sometimes walks off in a fog and enters a random house someplace never to be seen again...  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I agree for the most part altho there may be some times when you might want to do so for RP reasons - In BG for instance Imoen might sneak away and work on her pilfering skills while not under the watchful eye of her Paladin party leader who frowns on such behavior or then there's Kahlid who sometimes walks off in a fog and enters a random house someplace never to be seen again...  :rolleyes:

Ah, yes, Khalid and his odd tendency to leave the party while he's stuck somewhere that he can't talk to the PC to take Jaheira with him. How strange of him!

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I never got why a rogue would go in alone

First, because it is not very believable, that a group of six armoured people could climb up a house, without anybody noticing it.

Second, because I don't want these guys to be around. They could get caught by a randomly walking guard, while I am busy sneaking around the house. I could select one of them by accident and he walks into a trap (These kind of things are really happening to me). And I am better at sneaking, when I know, that I am ****ed, if I get caught. So when I am thiefing, I prefer to thief alone.

---

We're all doomed

Now whatever could Imoen be getting up to that her Paladin friend would get upset over? ;)

Ah, yes, Khalid and his odd tendency to leave the party while he's stuck somewhere that he can't talk to the PC to take Jaheira with him. How strange of him!

I always felt like Khalid got a bit of a bum rep, I never really had much issue with him.  Would ditch them both for the dwarven priest you get later in the mines in a heartbeat though, he was always badass in my party.

I never got why a rogue would go in alone

First, because it is not very believable, that a group of six armoured people could climb up a house, without anybody noticing it.

Second, because I don't want these guys to be around. They could get caught by a randomly walking guard, while I am busy sneaking around the house. I could select one of them by accident and he walks into a trap (These kind of things are really happening to me). And I am better at sneaking, when I know, that I am ****ed, if I get caught. So when I am thiefing, I prefer to thief alone.

Can I ask, what do you find unbelievable about six armoured people climbing and stealthing?  Is it due to the misconception that things like plate clank?  They don't and the sound you hear in films is actually SFX put in specifically because people cannot accept the reality that it is so quiet and leather armour squeeks horrendously.  Is it the number of people?  Because burglaries and usually committed by groups throughout history, it's actually unusual for someone to work alone.  The rest I can understand, I was talking about the realism of a rogue working alone but of course playstyle and game rules trump this when actually playing. :) 

I personally always make sure that all of my party has some degree of stealth  I consider stealth an essential skill that all adventurers should have just as it's generally accepted that every adventurer should have some degree of combat skill or ability.  Doesn't necessarily have to be stealth just as combat skill doesn't necessarily require martial weapons skill, depending on the system it can be invisibility spells for the mages etc.  I just always remember that in both the books and the film, while Conan was a barbarian, he quite clearly stealths his way around Thulsed Doom's pad to get into position before all hell gets unleashed, and even ninjs his way up at the end to take Thulsed by surprise.  The 1980s Conan the Barbarian film is very much how I see a realistic adventuring party working (since in real life having a massive fight with fireballs would not go unnoticed two rooms over).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Can I ask, what do you find unbelievable about six armoured people climbing and stealthing?  Is it due to the misconception that things like plate clank?  They don't and the sound you hear in films is actually SFX put in specifically because people cannot accept the reality that it is so quiet and leather armour squeeks horrendously.  Is it the number of people?  Because burglaries and usually committed by groups throughout history, it's actually unusual for someone to work alone.  The rest I can understand, I was talking about the realism of a rogue working alone but of course playstyle and game rules trump this when actually playing. original.gif

One person is always stealthier than six. Real burglers usually burgle houses that are empty, but this is more of a spy thing. And even if the armour wouldn't make noises (It does, I use to be at medieval festivals very often. There are no loud metal noises, but clmbing with such a thing makes noise), getting Kana up a building in heavy armour isn't as stealthy as a single thief in leather armour.

---

We're all doomed

I agree with the separation.

Divinity Original Sin handles this ridiculously well.

I can literally go with my Rogue all alone and case and rob any place I want.  Almost as if my other characters do not even know I am doing it.  So if I am rping some good characters they do not get pissed but they do accept my large sums of gold in our adventures with little questions asked.

A Rogue is not going to drag their party up stairs so then they can go case the joint and steal things.  And a Paladin would not tolerate my little sneak thief robbing everyone blind either.

Separation is definitely the solution.

However as it is the engine will not allow it because of how it loads so we have to deal for now.

I am glad they added the fact I can stealth without stealthing my entire party.  A step in the right direction for sure.