hey,

i'm having issue killing thaos obviously :p

party is levle 14, POTD, and i accepted the *adjust difficulty to higher* option for act 4.

but difrence with normal level 12 potd is huge.

even if  i menage land a petrification on statues, it only last 4-5 seconds, and they still menage resist the few spells i  can cast during this short time.

my party is 1 war tank, 1 pala off tnak, 2 priests, and 2 wizards.

the stuatues seem have low reflex, but still they high? thaos is is on 160-170 deflect ,and both adds above 130 on all +.

any ideas ?

best try was thaos to injured, and statues dead.

Could you share more info on your builds and equipment?

It is a tough fight but I could manage it at the first try with my fully custom party.

Having two Priests might be part of the issue, as they won't be able to contribute much to your damage output, though the two Wizards should make up for that.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Spam slicken/slumber with your wizards especially slumber's duration for me is a way better advantage than the petrification which might be more intense as debuff but for only 5 seconds it's not enough, on top of it spam your aoe duration damage rinse and repeat, e.g: 1 wizard slicken the other wizard slumber at the same time you attack on 2 different saving throws most probably at least one of them will succeed after that you can use 1 wizard to debuff DR while the other casts miasma, then you can spam your aoe damage duration spells because in the long run they cause more total damage,  also 1 priest is more than enough you could replace your other priest with a druid for more debuffs and more aoe or you could employ a cipher for more direct damage his aoe prone is ok as well. Both Priest and druid have their own aoe/cc/nukes you could combine all these and with micro management cast all spells from your caster exactly the same time with constant mircoing through manual pausing. Your paladin has aoe damage aura as well and even if he's defensive it hits ok so keep it active. When opponents are prone then you fighter and paladin provided they have 10 lore could spam maelstorm scrolls. You can also use the summoning items to form your tactical battle through body blocking with your summonings.

Edited by Vorad

finally done :p with same party.

imo the 2 priest are mendatory for chain resurecting members one after another while healing up and buffing.

strategy was to use stuff like 2*firewall/2*malignen cloud/2*orbs spam and keep up the debuffs.

both statues died before thaos first death. when he was alone i only had 3 mmeebrs alive, tank mage and priest.

again firewall and levle 4 minolette spam helped alot for finish it. its also time i used my summonables.

6 summon surrounding thaos+electric aura buff from priest = sustained damaged to him as is tick of each summon.

adding links to my caracters unbuffed, and to spellbook used on the fight :

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_48_25-Greenshot_zpsqq3oye2v.png

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_47_56-Greenshot_zpsn1uejt9e.png

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_47_59-Greenshot_zpselnxbsbh.png

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_48_11-Greenshot_zpsstmmswec.png

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_48_16-Greenshot_zpsxinwtsw9.png

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/mkmwodnik/2015-09-20%2020_48_19-Greenshot_zps6899bi3l.png

but here a word about XP line :

First i did all quests in vanilla POE, up to entrance of the cave. this brought me to level 12 party.

after i headed to stalwart and accepted the high levle party adjustement. i did hit 14 after doign all side quests and being at white forge floor, short before final encounter.

then i headed to kill alpine dragon,and back act 4 for thaos.

Overall the xp is well balanced in the game i think.

i did thaos lvl 14 on 1 shot first time not taking any damage, maybe it was because i got a lucky cast off right off the start? basically as soon as the combat started my wizard casted consulhaut's doom hammer spell on thaos and he got knocked down and stayed that way until the combat end, i had a ranger that casted root skill on the top golem and it got stuck for 30 seconds not being able to do a thing, while the golem down used shining beacon but my ranged move out of it in time and ranger got a 2nd stuck off, and all my ranged moved away from the bottom golem while my ranger chain rooted them from 20 metere away and the rest of my party killing thaos, it's seems extremely effective as i got a 2nd stuck for 40 + seconds(crit?)since you have so many priests maybe you can use the priest tier 1 spell "halt" to stop the golems?

your team seems to be lacking damage a bit, as tanks don't do much and priest's single target sucks as well, wizard's mostly aoe also, i strongy recommand you pick up a ranger or cipher. if you have a cipher you can use the tier 7 stasis skill and phase out a golem or thaos himself for 30 seconds while you deal with the others, and while they are stuck/stasis/prone, make sure you get all the priest buffs, mostly the tier 4 +20 accuracy, tier 6 crown, and your priest can probably throw repulsing seal on thaos once your first cc from wizard land also.

i did it at 14 path of the damned with monsters scaled, all ranged characters 20 perception from the start and all have +2 perception enchant or +3 per item, the golems have low dex so the ranger stuck was really effective, same goes for thaos, the hammer skill target deflection/reflect, which is something caster enemy lack, i'm assuming thaos was no different, it was my first time doing the fight and it was rather easy mode for me.