Stronghold is not accessible in any map/location

Maleus79

Question

Hello,

Since new DLC White march, i am dealining with this possible bug, as i bought DLC and i completed main game killing Thaos and i didnt want to start from the scratch i used console command to move mine party to other location so i can continue to White march DLC, all is working fine it just i cant access Stronghold any more in any map/location  i  am still getting same message - You Cannot Access Stronghold here?

Also it seems assigned members on Stronghold missions are stucked also due to this fact.

Please can you have a look and maybe provide me some solution if there is any?

Thank you

9 answers to this question

Hello Maleus79,

Since you used the console command to get out of the final dungeon, your game is in a state in which you are not allowed to access your stronghold menu. Just to let you know, before you go down into the last dungeon, the game automatically saves the game for you labeled PRE ENDGAME.SAVE

Use that save and you can go to The White March w/out having to use cheats and you'll be able to gain access to your stronghold on any map. 

Thank you for your support. 

• Like 1

Thanks you for your response i thought so about this possibility too as to explained, but problem was i didnt have any pre end game save as i was saving all progress to end of the boss in end game map and i dont want to start game from the scratch, Is there possible to some how enable Stronghold via some console command? so i can continue in white march DLC? or other question can i complete/continue white march DLC without Stronghold option? Thank you very much.

Hello again Maleus79,

Seeing how you already used the command to teleport your party out of Sun in Shadows, you have already used cheats. The PRE-ENDGAME save is automatic, it is something the game does for you on it own. Please check you save files again, unless you have deleted the save. If you did delete that save, I would suggest loading an older save if you have one. 

You should be able to complete The White March without the Stronghold. You should be able to swap out characters at any Inn. 

Thank you for you support. 

Hello again Maleus79,

Seeing how you already used the command to teleport your party out of Sun in Shadows, you have already used cheats. The PRE-ENDGAME save is automatic, it is something the game does for you on it own. Please check you save files again, unless you have deleted the save. If you did delete that save, I would suggest loading an older save if you have one. 

You should be able to complete The White March without the Stronghold. You should be able to swap out characters at any Inn. 

Thank you for you support. 

Why so arrogant , if you designed your DLCs wrong ? And not supporting endgames ?

So it is too much to tell the console command to reset the save game to the state before chapter 3 , what nice company !

We have bought your DLC's also and they have been released months after the main game, so it wasn't our fault that you forgot to design your DLCs proper that they fit into the main story.

Thank you for nothing ... even I bought your game and all DLCs this time, I will be sure not to do it again, if someone ask for such a small request and treated like we want millions or have stolen something from you !

Hey FlashXAron,

I did not mean to come off as arrogant, I apologize to everyone if it came off that way. Unfortunately, the way the code is set up during Act IV actually prevents the console command that is used to activate the stronghold normally. We would have to rewrite code for this to work, its not as simple as changing a few things. 

The DLC's are  advertised as a mid-game expansion that provides a new area and more story that does not tie in with the main story line. If that information was not clear, I apologize. This holds true for most crpgs as some of their expansions were mid-game as well. 

Fortunately, as you jump down into the pit, the game generates a PRE-ENDGAME.save that you can load and use to continue to journey into The White March.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for clearing that ...
and now it feels like a proper answer.

Anyway I also have deleted every save game apart the last one ... (game was uninstalled after I finished it, but I always keep my LAST SAVE GAME, from any game I played !)

so no chance to use that working save game.

As I NEVER played any CRPG a second time since 40 years now !!!
I had the option not to play white march I and II or teleport my party out from the dungeon !
Decided to teleport them out and playing now part I 

Please design your games in the future that way that it is always possible to use the "last save game", if you plan some DLCs or ADD On where the chars could be used again !

Hi

I have the same problem, but when i load the pre-endgame save, i still can't access to the stronghold, even older save have this bug. I have to go back at least with acte II saves to see that i can access to the stronghold.
I never used the teleport cheat or any other cheat before acte IV. 

It seems that it's not the use of this cheat which cause that : I played severals hours after teleporting my party out of the last place, and never had any problem with the stronghold and the access. 
It appears recently for no reason.