Concelhaut's Crushing Bugs

mph

Question

So, there seem to be multiple bugs with this spell:

kC2DRwv.jpg?1

1) Raw or Corrode?

2) The damage on this spell acts weird. It did 14 damage per projectile to a DR 18 character, and 16 to one with DR 12 (but only 9 DR Corrode). I think it takes basic DR (not Corrode DR) without quality enchantment bonus (+6 is both cases), divides that by 3, and subtracts the result from each projectile. I don't think it's supposed to work that way... EDIT: It seems to be using 25% of Corrode DR for some reason.

3) The damage log for this spell also seems bugged. It doesn't list the damage done but just claims it affected the target. You can click on that but instead of math it just shows the number from the description (18.2 in my case), not the damage really done. Sometimes the projectiles will get grouped in the log, and then it shows their damage done as 0.0 even if in reality it was 42 or such. 

4) [Discovered by chance] After making peace with the ogres I can cast this spell on them, and they won't turn hostile, unless I cast it enough times to kill one of them. Other spells provoke them properly, and I'm not sure if there are other groups who enjoy getting drained like this.

Another bug: if you summon your new pet lich, and tell him to cast his Hammer, things get crazy. I've seen him graze the Adra Dragon for over 300 damage, and in a quick test I've just did he scored a 250 and then a 440 on poor Zahua (and 1215 on Eder in a another test). [in another thread someone reported the Hammer's doing over 1k damage to Thaos ( http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82182-how-has-the-thaos-battle-been-buffed-after-white-march/?p=1732641 ), which may be related.] None of the targets were petrified or anything like that, and Aloth's version of the spell doesn't seem to do that.

Here's a save you can test all of this on:

http://tinyurl.com/MorugPoE

[i've posted it for another bug, so you may have it already.]

Output log for the Hammer bug: output_log.txt

Output log right after hitting an ogre with the missiles: output_log.txt

Edited by mph
  • Like 2

3 answers to this question

QA are going to ask for your output.log file too.

As for 2), can it be going against 25% of the Corrode DR? If that was the case, it would be mimicking the behavior of the elemental damage lashes on weapons. Still a bug as spells aren't supposed to work that way, but I guess it would be a less convoluted behavior than what you described :)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

QA are going to ask for your output.log file too.

As for 2), can it be going against 25% of the Corrode DR? If that was the case, it would be mimicking the behavior of the elemental damage lashes on weapons. Still a bug as spells aren't supposed to work that way, but I guess it would be a less convoluted behavior than what you described :)

I guess I'll need to do two logs, one for various bugs with the missiles, and another for the Hammer?

That's possible assuming some rounding, yes - the log doesn't show the math, so who knows :p

EDIT: It seems you're right, corrode-proofing the DR 18 character reduced his per projectile damage from 14 to 13. Also, in a new test I got a sweet 1215 damage hit from the Hammer on Eder xP

Edited by mph