White march stalwart burning house decisions..

My main character, a monk, with PER 15, spotted the ring. I'm sure it doesn't have to be as high as 24. Maybe it's different if you use a custom hire from an inn?

I got the ring, was able to save the women but not the man, lacking the proper spell, but suffered major fatigue afterward. I've never been able to complete this burning house sequence without being fatigued. Is it possible to complete it without being fatigued and thus having to rest again?

My main character, a monk, with PER 15, spotted the ring. I'm sure it doesn't have to be as high as 24. Maybe it's different if you use a custom hire from an inn?

I got the ring, was able to save the women but not the man, lacking the proper spell, but suffered major fatigue afterward. I've never been able to complete this burning house sequence without being fatigued. Is it possible to complete it without being fatigued and thus having to rest again?

Someone on Reddit suggested that it might be only possible with the main char. I don't know, you could be right. To tell you the truth I did not test it, because I play a barbarian, I wanted to save the man also. But as far as story companions and inn companions go, it's 24 alright. This I tested extensively. With Kana, Hiravias and finally a hireling. If the game simply provided us with a visible skill-check number, reddened, we would not have to go into all this theorizing now.

Edited by 613 The Evil

So I see I can save the woman and guard or take the (Frigid claim) ring and save the guard.

Well I saved her but didn't get jack squat as a reward. Is there any point in not taking her ring and bolting other than having her around at the inn telling you how the ring is the only thing of value she has?

My chars don't have enough constitution to save them both really.

Not sure about rings. But i just had saved both of them, with those druid "how-has-his-name-half-man" npc. Buff him with food and items on +stats +scroll for athletics (he had 4 after buff, and this has been enough because it has been mentioned in quest text), have his dru spells for putting fire down ready, and have those items for "script interaction", you will need then for to clear the women from under collapsed house roof. You probably need something around 10-14 points in might, perception, constitution, and dex, after all buffs on. Also he already has 5 survive skill required. Then put the fire around man first, then help the girl.

Edited by stiven

Sorry for my bag English.  :dancing: