So, I checked "schapeshifting", "use per rest..." and "aggressive".

Currently she is level 4 and I did Raedric's castle (except Raedric). Until now I saw her (AI-)shapeshifting twice, both times when the fight was over.

Instead of immediately shifting, she charges into battle with the hatchet I gave her. When "shapeshifting" is checked, she won't cast any spells.

Another AI-issue or did I misunderstand something e.g. "AI shifts only when the enemy is strong" or the like?

I'm curious about that too. There seems to be no observable pattern in AI shapeshifting. In my observation, it happens in the most inopportune moments. I manually issue an order, like a spell to be cast, move my attention elsewhere and when coming back, the spell hasn't been cast, but shapeshifting is in progress.

Meanwhile I'm convinced, that the term "broken" is totally justified.

Adding to the above posted issues I noticed

- She casts area spells - e.g. insect swarm -  on moving enemies with the result that the spell hits an empty space

- She tries to cast when shapeshifted

I just wonder - again - why there are not more observations and / or opinions posted. Are we really the only AI-lovers?

I'm not that surprised or dissapointed for one reason. Back when the topic of companion AI first came up, I pretty much expected these things to happen and voiced my concerns. Per rest abilities spammed, area spells fired at friendlies and general erratic behaviors. So I'm pretty much back to micromanagement as far as casters are concerned. My fighters are allowed to use their AI, but on a close leash, since they still have a tendency to take off for greener pastures for no reason.

The Monk AI is pretty good.

I have a dwarf heavy armor monk with Swift Strikes, Lightning Strikes and Torment's Reach. With the Ai set to Aggressive (Not Disrupter) and Defensive auto attacks he will bang out as many Torments Reaches as he can one after another when he has wounds. The only issue I have is he sometimes doesn't get the Swift Strikes up first.

When I gain access to Flagellent's Path, I might have to turn the AI off in case I want to save up three wounds for that. Or for that duplicate summon.

The Paladin AI does a good job of using LoH and Liberating Exhortations.

The Fighter will use his knockdowns on the first thing he sees which means I need to keep it off so that I can choose the target and the timing.

I'd never even considered having the AI run a caster like a Wizard. He'd blow through all your spells and probably kill half your team with friendly fire :)

I'd never even considered having the AI run a caster like a Wizard. He'd blow through all your spells and probably kill half your team with friendly fire :)

It's not about casting. In this point I agree, because the AI fires off the spells on any mob, regardless if dangerous or just an annoyance.

Here it's about shapeshifting. That's a per encounter ability and should work properly.

BTW, the AI can handle autoattack and also some of the specials like the monk's abilities. But special scripts like "disruptor" are at least suboptimal if not broken at all.

BTW, the AI can handle autoattack and also some of the specials like the monk's abilities. But special scripts like "disruptor" are at least suboptimal if not broken at all.

Yes, disruptor is a sure recipe for the monk to take off to fight a different group than the one at hand. I'm pretty surfe, your observation of the AI being omniscent and able to see through the Fog of War, is correct and at the root of the problem.

I use AI mostly for auto attacks. It doesn't know how to do active abilities well, and 2.01 tried to modify it (but the rest of the patch broke it), but unless they allow me to write custom scripts as in (if this, then do that, in this order, wait six seconds, move away from enemy if within x meters), it will be hard to build an optimum script for most people.

The chanter's phrase list is basically the same thing, you tell him to do 5 things in a row, irregardless of what happens. Which can be useful at times, if not, turn it off or switch to a different one. Even that basic option would allow some customization of the ai script.

I have a mouse key bound to select all party, makes it easier to focus fire. Also a lot of the "hotkeys" that are semi broken in 2.00 would work a lot better if I could string them together and fire them off in 3s, instead of trying to hit a button for each single ability. Macro it, it's the MMORPG age here.

If they plan on taking this level cap thing beyond more in White March pt 2 or the sequel, they should seriously consider more automation. And not the kind of automation written by a centralized committee either.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Unity programmers are much in demand these days. Plus they have various other resources they have to work on. And the modder work is often superior but modders first need to learn the engine before you get a few on top.

But they've already made something similar for Pillars, they now have an AI system. The game needs more work on debugging and reverse engineering issues.

I set Hiravias on Shapeshifting because that's the least disruptive. He doesn't cast spells = still better than casting all the wrong spells.

In 2.01 he would insist on casting charm beast no matter the enemy type faced if I set him on support or crowd control. So Shapeshifting is the least useless.

I set Hiravias on Shapeshifting because that's the least disruptive. He doesn't cast spells = still better than casting all the wrong spells.

In 2.01 he would insist on casting charm beast no matter the enemy type faced if I set him on support or crowd control. So Shapeshifting is the least useless.

Well, in regard of my OP... does he actually shift "as soon as possible"?

Well, in regard of my OP... does he actually shift "as soon as possible"?

Tested it today with latest beta 2.02 patch.

Hiravias with Spiritshift behavior and aggresive auto-attack could shapeshifts randomly, but not at the fight start.

Tested in Goose And Fox tavern, killed bunch of civilians :(

Sorry for my bad english.