Best XP nerf from IEmod for White March?

Looking for opinions on what is the best nerf table to use for White March from iemod?

I want to play as many side quests as possible but I do not want to level insanely fast and trivialize content.

I am playing PoTD.

My first playthrough I capped out without even doing all side quests in Twin Elms and then stopped playing.

I dont want that to happen this time.

I am thinking either 25% or 50%

Will that allow me to get close to cap or make cap at or very near end game with the expansion content being completed and with the new level cap?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

me too

I installed the mod when my character was lvl 9 and chose 50%

I don't know if I will reach lvl cap 16 around the end of the game after I completed the dlcs too

the mod does not make a XP nerf but increases the XP level requirements to reach next  level

maybe the OP in the meantime can share the knowledge

Edited by Grotesque

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Looking for opinions on what is the best nerf table to use for White March from iemod?

I want to play as many side quests as possible but I do not want to level insanely fast and trivialize content.

I am playing PoTD.

My first playthrough I capped out without even doing all side quests in Twin Elms and then stopped playing.

I dont want that to happen this time.

I am thinking either 25% or 50%

Will that allow me to get close to cap or make cap at or very near end game with the expansion content being completed and with the new level cap?

Edited by Grotesque

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious, is there some functional distinction between just saving your level-ups until you need them vs. actually modifying the XP reward? Genuinely curious, not trying to tell anyone what to do.

Hope I'm not mistaken, but I think you can't take only one level-up of several. If you've earned two or more, you need to do them all.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

I'm just curious, is there some functional distinction between just saving your level-ups until you need them vs. actually modifying the XP reward? Genuinely curious, not trying to tell anyone what to do.

Hope I'm not mistaken, but I think you can't take only one level-up of several. If you've earned two or more, you need to do them all.

No you can just take one. What happens is you click level up then do skills and abilities then it will bring you to the next level up but you can click cancel and stay with what you have already done.

• Like 1

No you can just take one. What happens is you click level up then do skills and abilities then it will bring you to the next level up but you can click cancel and stay with what you have already done.

Allright, cool - didn't come up all that much for me, I always assumed it would cancel everything. Cheers mate!

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Allright, cool - didn't come up all that much for me, I always assumed it would cancel everything. Cheers mate!

Ye i noticed it when i would cheat to try out stuff and give myself 16 levels or later on when i tried re roll at an in. So its not normal

I've always saved levels. It does not kill immersion for me bc the whole leveling up process is so abstracted that it's not immersive. E.g., it's silly that you now have new spells, abilities, more HP etc when an hour ago you didn't. How do you suddenly know a spell you didn't know at all before?  Learning is analog but levels are discrete.

Plus, I view leveling decisions as player decisions, not as my in-game character decisions so choosing to have a higher number of XP needed to advance a level is exactly the same as choosing not to level except that I (as a player) have more control over it if I choose not to level up (so long as I can do it a level at a time and don't have to spend all my extra XP at once). E.g., I have stayed at level 4 in PoE for a long time. I generally do that until I run into a fight or other obstacle I can't overcome, then I level up. The downside is that I don't get to try some interesting abilities, skills, spells, etc. The upside is that the game remains challenging even if I take a full party.

My question is: I am playing White March for the first time. As I understand it, I can choose to have the area leveled when I first enter. If I do, will it be leveled to my XP (almost lvl 10 ) or my current level (level 4)?  What is the level if I don't choose to have it leveled? If White March is leveled based on my XP, will it make a full level's difference if I reach over 45k xp (i.e., enough to hit level 10) before I go to White March or will the enemies there continue to gain abilities, etc. so that they reach/exceed level 10 while I'm there (as I would)?

I'd like it to be challenging and I'd also like to rotate my companions so that I can have more interactions with them (and also see how they work together in combat). Thanks for any information.

Edited by oaktownbrown