2.01 DVD Updates Are Live for Windows and Linux

The DVD 2.01 Updates are now live for Windows and Linux DVD users. These updates are to be used with the builds that were delivered on DVDs to Pillars of Eternity backers.

If you are playing the game through Steam, GOG, or Origin, you should update your game through those platforms instead.

We are currently working on installable versions of The White March - Part I and hope to have those available for download for DVD users in the next week or two.

To download the latest 2.01 Updates for DVD please visit here.

• Like 5

Nevermind! Found solution - needed to run as admin. - took almost an hour to apply I was very tempted to interrupt it as the progress meter stayed at 0 for almost half that time -  :w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------

Got the update downloaded but each time I try to install it I get an error - tried with and without my anti-virus turned on -

This is the note that shows up in the folder with the update:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RTPatch Server Software and Data Update System

© Copyright 2003-2010. Pocket Soft, Inc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applying DFC Update for 'PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\conversations\00_dyrwood\00_bs_celby.conversation'

Error: err0007 - I/O operation failed (open)

(FYI running windows 10)
Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can’t do anything about The White March Part 1, but I’ll see if I can extend my unofficial patches project to support the DVD version.

If I manage to get something working without too much tinkering, it means I should put online new patches for the DVD version as soon as the equivalent patch get published on GOG.

@ Obsidian Team: If you’d like some help with building and testing patches more regularly for the DVD version, just drop me a PM wink.png

Edited by vv221

• 1 month later...

My guess is we'll get an update once they've patched WM2 a couple of times.  I think this is their planned release schedule, not simply a delay.  They'll wait until WM2 is stable so they don't have to do updates for the DVD more than once or twice.   :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Okay, WM part 2 is coming out in feb, so I will likely start playing the game soon after.  What is the likelihood of me being able to play with the disc version along with the latest patch and the expansion?

Stupid question : if you're able to download the latest patch and the expansion, why not simply download the original game along with it?

Okay, WM part 2 is coming out in feb, so I will likely start playing the game soon after.  What is the likelihood of me being able to play with the disc version along with the latest patch and the expansion?

Stupid question : if you're able to download the latest patch and the expansion, why not simply download the original game along with it?

I don't think you understand what I am asking.  I have the original game installed on my PC using the DRM free discs that came with the boxed collectors edition.  What I DONT have, is the latest patch (this topic is 2.01, we're on 2.02 now as far as I know, with 3.0 coming shortly) or WM part 1, because neither are available to me or anyone else trying to play with the DRM free discs.  My question is this:

Will the latest patch and the expansions be available for me to use shortly after WM part 2s release, or should I just give up on the idea of playing with the disc installation and download the game on steam/gog?  I personally don't mind doing this, but I was originally going to give my steam/gog key away.

Edited by Excalibur_2102

Having said that I cliked on the link on this post and 2.03 is actually available to download!  Odd that they didnt let us know.  My question still stands as regards the White March though, as I will still want to play with that.  As far as I know its still not available for use with the DRM free discs.

• 4 weeks later...

The DVD 2.01 Updates are now live for Windows and Linux DVD users. These updates are to be used with the builds that were delivered on DVDs to Pillars of Eternity backers.

If you are playing the game through Steam, GOG, or Origin, you should update your game through those platforms instead.

We are currently working on installable versions of The White March - Part I and hope to have those available for download for DVD users in the next week or two.

To download the latest 2.01 Updates for DVD please visit here.

I really like what I'm seeing with the 3.0 update guys, but I'm still interested if the white march will be available for the drm disk owners.  Its no problem if not as I still have a spare key for steam/GoG, but I would prefer to use the DVDs... I understand this is low priority and not many people seem bothered (in fact it seems like I am the only one who is :)), but as far as I know the white march for dvds hasn't been mentioned since this post I have quoted.

Thanks

I do wonder what happened, considering the original post stated they hoped to have part 1 ready in a couple of weeks.  What could cause a delay of 5 months?

Only 17 replies to this topic over 5 months many of which are the same people - suggests the answer may well be that there is not enough apparent interest in the DVD version to continue to support it - 

I do wonder what happened, considering the original post stated they hoped to have part 1 ready in a couple of weeks.  What could cause a delay of 5 months?

Only 17 replies to this topic over 5 months many of which are the same people - suggests the answer may well be that there is not enough apparent interest in the DVD version to continue to support it - 

As frustrating as that would be its a possibility.  Like I say though, they ninja updated the patch page to 2.03 without posting here about it, which was odd..  So the game is up to date patch wise (until tomorrow with 3.0 obviously) just with no expack.  On the one hand, its completely understandable dropping this from a business standpoint, and on the other, Im not sure if they are obligated to support it because saying there would be a DRM free version in the kickstarter.  Then again GoG is DRM free anyway.

The silence is what bothers me, as, like you say, I might be waiting for nothing.

Sorry, for the bad communication on the subject. We have been working on the DVD patches/installers, but there have been lots of issues with the Mac version of the patches and installer.

As I am sure you have noticed the Windows and Linux patches are updated, but we are still unable to get the Mac DVD patches to build correctly.

We have also released the DVD expansion for download on the backer portal. You should see it under your products. Just check under your expansion section and there should be a download link. Unfortunately, this is Windows and Linux only.

We have not given up on Mac (and the expansion is ready for release once we get the patching issues solved), but it is slow going right now.

I apologize for the delay and the lack of communication.

• Like 1

What qualifies you for access to the download of the expansion that can be applied to the backer physical dvd installation? 

I do have a copy of the physical dvd, but under my products I just have the gog redeem code for the expansion (which I've used), no separate download that's specifically for the dvd version. 

This isn't urgent for me as I've been using my digital gog version since release, haven't even unwrapped the dvd, but it'd be nice to know that's all ready to go as an option if I ever want it. 

What qualifies you for access to the download of the expansion that can be applied to the backer physical dvd installation? 

I do have a copy of the physical dvd, but under my products I just have the gog redeem code for the expansion (which I've used), no separate download that's specifically for the dvd version. 

This isn't urgent for me as I've been using my digital gog version since release, haven't even unwrapped the dvd, but it'd be nice to know that's all ready to go as an option if I ever want it. 

Yeah this seems to be the same for me, although I'm actually pretty sure I shouldn't have the expansion unless it came with the collectors edition tier, so id actually have to purchase it.

Same question here - I only have access to the Champion Kickstarter edition which apparently does not include the expansion - I have my disks installed on my laptop but how do I get a copy of the expansion (and patch 3.0) for my dvd version??